LDView interface with LPub3D

RE: interface with LPub3D
(2020-09-13, 2:27)David Manley Wrote: I was producing some instructions using LPub3D today when I encountered a content menu item (i.e. right mouse-click) that I didn't previously know about:
Which displays the following dialog window when selected:

[Image: lpub3d_ldview_argument_02.png]

I haven't gone beyond clicking the menu item and opening the dialog window but ... it does look like that there is some kind of capability within LPub3D to provide arguments to LDraw specific to an individual diagram. It this works, it may mean you can avoid having to tu-tu with the command line and provide the desired rendering out of the box.

If you get a chance to try this, would you please post back here and let us know whether or not it provides a solution to what you are trying to achieve.

Regards,

David

Hi David,

Thanks for that info! I did know about that menu and adding the “savewidth” and “saveheight” commands don’t nothing. Those seem to be generated somewhere else in the program based on page dimensions and dpi settings. 

I haven’t had the chance to look much more but it seems that without looking at the source code to determine how to effect the change there, I won’t be able to change it. 

Ideally, if I was able to get a hold of Trevor, there would be a check box in preferences that would allow the extents of the model to be rendered regardless of page size. 

From a code standpoint it would likely look something like, calculate model scale and camera based on dpi then calculate extents of the model then generate the CSI

What is strange is that if you have a multi step page the behavior is not present. It will render the full image of the model no matter the size.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
interface with LPub3D - by Cam's Bricks - 2020-09-07, 7:34
RE: interface with LPub3D - by Travis Cobbs - 2020-09-07, 18:39
RE: interface with LPub3D - by Cam's Bricks - 2020-09-08, 6:19
RE: interface with LPub3D - by Travis Cobbs - 2020-09-08, 20:20
RE: interface with LPub3D - by David Manley - 2020-09-08, 22:53
RE: interface with LPub3D - by Cam's Bricks - 2020-09-09, 0:07
RE: interface with LPub3D - by Travis Cobbs - 2020-09-09, 0:19
RE: interface with LPub3D - by David Manley - 2020-09-13, 2:27
RE: interface with LPub3D - by Cam's Bricks - 2020-09-13, 2:40