Using 48\x-yTANG Primitives > Monorail Switch Points

RE: Using 48\x-yTANG Primitives > Monorail Switch Points
(2020-07-28, 22:00)GeraldĀ Lasser Wrote: I did use the TANG prim to count, may be not the best choice.

But I am looking at the other side to the TANG Primitive, the lines in DARK PINK. The GREEN lines are subject to the sub-division (both show now a 48-Prim), those are fine.

My question is around the dark pink lines. You get the sketch on the right, when a 48\1-16tang is used and Primitive Substitution is turned on (even when the 48\1-16tang is designed like the left sketch).
That's why I (previously) submitted the 48\1-16tang in that way and not designed as on the left. It was a "what does LDView draw?" choice

However, now I am the opinion that the 48\x-xtang primitives would make more sense, if the DARK PINK lines would stay as they are on the left, if PS is turned on. This would enable us to make smooth curves where there is a thin wall, e.g. the Monorail switches.

I hope you understand my concern.

I apologize. In this one instance, it looks like it could make sense to submit the 48\ version of the part, even if it's not directly used in any files.

Having said that, since I don't feel that that setting of LDView is very useful, I'm not sure if it not working right here is a big deal.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using 48\x-yTANG Primitives > Monorail Switch Points - by Travis Cobbs - 2020-08-03, 22:48