Using 48\x-yTANG Primitives > Monorail Switch Points

RE: Using 48\x-yTANG Primitives > Monorail Switch Points
(2020-07-27, 20:44)Travis Cobbs Wrote: If you check the box for LDView to use hi-res primitives when available, it should do so when it encounters them and they exist. However, you should definitely not add a high-resolution version of a primitive just for this. The only files in p/48 should be primitives that show up in some part file with a 48 prefix.

I'm not sure where Gerald got the numbers in his table. They aren't right. Your tables match what I expect (which is simply 8 Ă— level when high-resolution primitive substitution isn't enabled).

As I mentioned before, I think the "Use high-resolution primitives when available" setting is not very useful. You should instead adjust the curve quality.

I did use the TANG prim to count, may be not the best choice.

But I am looking at the other side to the TANG Primitive, the lines in DARK PINK. The GREEN lines are subject to the sub-division (both show now a 48-Prim), those are fine.

My question is around the dark pink lines. You get the sketch on the right, when a 48\1-16tang is used and Primitive Substitution is turned on (even when the 48\1-16tang is designed like the left sketch).
That's why I (previously) submitted the 48\1-16tang in that way and not designed as on the left. It was a "what does LDView draw?" choice

However, now I am the opinion that the 48\x-xtang primitives would make more sense, if the DARK PINK lines would stay as they are on the left, if PS is turned on. This would enable us to make smooth curves where there is a thin wall, e.g. the Monorail switches.

I hope you understand my concern.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using 48\x-yTANG Primitives > Monorail Switch Points - by Gerald Lasser - 2020-07-28, 22:00