Using 48\x-yTANG Primitives > Monorail Switch Points

RE: Using 48\x-yTANG Primitives > Monorail Switch Points
(2020-07-26, 21:04)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: There is a slider control under "Edit/Preferences/Primitives"

I'm not sure but I think there is a difference between "Primitive substitution/Curve quality" and substitution of primitives.
In my image I have it set to a value that will create 8 sections on a 1-4ndis, even though we definitely don't have any 32-sided primitives in the library. If you set it to a higher value the number of sections will increse. And if you go too high, it will create the effect you see in your images.

The curve quality in LDView is not dependant of the existance of a hi-res primitive. Am I right Travis?

I forgot about the slider, this makes LDView Interpolate circles, there is what it does:

Code:
Setting    16 SegPrim   48 SegPrim
0              16          48
1              16          48
2              32          48
3              32          48
4              48          48
5              48          48
6              64          64
7              64          64
8              80          80
9              80          80
10             96          96
11             96          96

But the treatment I refer to is where there are, how should i call them, fixed points, like the 1-4NDIS (which has only one)  or the TANG primitive, ther TANG interpolation makes only sense on the "inner" side of the tangens.

For the TANG LDView keeps the outer points of the lo-res primitives.

It would be good to have also hi-res fixed points.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using 48\x-yTANG Primitives > Monorail Switch Points - by Gerald Lasser - 2020-07-26, 22:00