On the packaging of ldraw-parts and ldraw-mklist

RE: On the packaging of ldraw-parts and ldraw-mklist
(2023-04-13, 5:34)Johannes Schauer Wrote: This seems to be fixed now with the 2301 release as lcad2301.zip seems to be bit-by-bit identical to complete.zip. I changed the Debian packaging to use lcad2301.zip as the source instead of using complete.zip.

This is not correct. 2023-01 was a complete rerelease of the library to change to the new LICENSE line so complete.zip and lcad2301.zip are the same. Subsequent updates will not be this way with lcad<update>.zip only containing updated parts and complete.zip containing the entire library. 

We have, however, started to retain the old complete.zip as complete-<update>.zip. This started with 2301 so currently there's only complete.zip and complete-2206.zip. Starting with the next release, complete-<update>.zip will also exist for the current update as well as a mirror of complete.zip. I do have an archive of all the old complete.zip's so I can manually post these in the above format. I also plan on posting the checksum since it's already provided by the (not yet reimplemented) ptrelease script.

I'll look into and update mklist. It's really legacy code at this point as no modern LDraw programs use it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: On the packaging of ldraw-parts and ldraw-mklist - by Orion Pobursky - 2023-04-13, 15:09