LDCad 1.6c (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6c (win+linux)
(2019-12-04, 21:18)Moreau Wrote: Foremost i can't find a discussion board on the forum dedicated to scripting. I only recently tried reading up on LUA and it still mystifies me how it works. Your videos are good as i said, but its hard to see clearly what you are editing and how.
I always capture in HD, but sometimes youtube messes with the resolution especially in the first minute of playback.

Manually forcing the playback quality to HD might help.

(2019-12-04, 21:18)Moreau Wrote: P.S. i want to make a script for moving the camera through a model as if giving a walking tour of the interior (of a castle)
This is an ambitious project if you not familiar with general scripting and or lua.

But it should be very fun to watch, This is how I would approach it:

- Make a copy of the model (backup)
- Make sure the minifig is in a submodel
- Find a unique small piece in the bin that is not used in the model (e.g. a 1x1 plate with some weird pattern).
- Place the helper part at locations you want the minifig to walk to, like a trail of breadcrumbs to follow.
- Create a new story animation for the model using the template button on the main models header dialog' scripting page.

After this you could write a script that moves the minifig from helper part to helper part and at the same time sync the position of a first person camera to the minifig's face location.
As you only need the position of the helper parts you can hide them in the animation script.

If it is indoors you might also want to move a light source along or the povray export will be very dark.

I'll see if I can setup something basic you could use as a starting script as I realize this uses things not really used in the examples (camera/light).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LDCad 1.6c (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2019-06-26, 20:17
RE: LDCad 1.6c (win+linux) - by Moreau - 2019-12-04, 21:18
RE: LDCad 1.6c (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2019-12-05, 1:34
RE: LDCad 1.6c (win+linux) - by Moreau - 2019-12-05, 14:06