Sticker with other than rectangular shape

RE: Sticker with other than rectangular shape
(2018-12-13, 18:13)Travis Cobbs Wrote:
(2018-12-13, 9:24)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: OK, so for the flat stickers applied to the side of the bucket in this set, you'd have to create a circular LDraw geometry object on which the image of the sticker can be projected?

How? Can someone help with that?

Well, it's not exactly trivial, but neither is it too complicated. You need to manually create a flat surface that is the shape of the sticker, then store this in a subpart. In the sticker part, have a !TEXMAP line with the appropriate texture coordinates, and have a reference to the subpart be the only geometry that is textured. Then, have a second reference to the surface (not textured), with BFC INVERNEXT, and offset by 0.25 LDU to represent the back of the sticker. Finally, add quads around the edges between the two surfaces.

OK, I understand and studying the files (for the EV3 panesl) from Philo I see how it is done.
Still, creating the geometry for these stickers seems too complicated for me.

What tool would be best to make this?
I found this thread https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-22776.html using LD Pattern Creator. Could that be of use?
I also know LDPartEditor from Nils, but can't get that to work due to missing Java on my PC.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sticker with other than rectangular shape - by Jaco van der Molen - 2018-12-14, 8:07