Persistent forum logins gone?

Persistent forum logins gone?
Did someone recently change cookies from expiring on a certain date to lasting for one browser session?

I'm pretty sure its not just my browser because four browsers across two systems all report the forum login cookie being valid only for the current login session, whereas before they were set to expire at a set date far (I forget exactly when) in the future, while those same browsers also have cookies that were set a long time ago and will be valid for a long time, and I haven't changed settings on any of those four (different) browsers recently. So I'm pretty sure a setting was changed in the forum software.

If I am mistaken and I am the only one exhibiting this behavior, then please excuse me and ignore this post. If not, I would appreciate it if we could still have persistent logins back, even if the cookies expire sooner.

If it is a question of security (people stealing cookies from logins on public computers, and then impersonating us on the forums), then perhaps could we have an option when logging in to set the duration of the session?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Persistent forum logins gone? - by Jean-Philippe Ouellet - 2011-12-10, 20:10