What is the best way to quickly create custom printed parts for ldraw?

RE: What is the best way to quickly create custom printed parts for ldraw?
(2018-03-02, 7:17)tom alphin Wrote: I updated to the latest LDraw 4.3 release and it started working perfectly.  Thanks for the tip!

Just to clarify, LDView is not "LDraw". There is no such thing as "LDraw 4.3". I'd try to explain what LDraw is, but the main ldraw.org page probably does it better:
Quote:What is LDraw?

LDraw™ is an open standard for LEGO CAD programs that allow the user to create virtual LEGO models and scenes. You can use it to document models you have physically built, create building instructions just like LEGO, render 3D photo realistic images of your virtual models and even make animations. The possibilities are endless. Unlike real LEGO bricks where you are limited by the number of parts and colors, in LDraw nothing is impossible.

LDView is a program to view LDraw files, and it supports texture maps. It is also one of the renderers supported by LPub and LPub3D, so if you use it as your renderer in one of those programs, instructions you create will show the textures. I believe that LDCad, LeoCAD, and BrickSmith all support textures, so if you want to see the textures in your LDraw-based CAD program, you need to use one of those. As Roland pointed out, MLCad definitely does not support them.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the best way to quickly create custom printed parts for ldraw? - by Travis Cobbs - 2018-03-02, 18:20