MAJOR program issues -- maybe Windows related

MAJOR program issues -- maybe Windows related
Greetings all.  I recently got a new computer, so I had to reinstall the whole lot of programs.  It is also my first computer with Windows 10.  I am having a rather huge error with file opening/recognition.

What is happening is that files/builds are not opening and reflecting changes.  I will save changes made, and depending on how the file is opened again it won't reflect the changes made.  For example, if I right-click and "open with" for MLCad, it will not show the updates, but it may if I open MLCad and then select the recent file from the program itself.  Or if I use LDView, it won't show the saved changes, it will only show the file as it was previously.  And there is no consistency to this either, it changes what shows updated and what does not.

I am also having issues with changing the names of a file.  If I make a file named hanger5, then change it later to hanger6 because I already had a file named hanger5 in a different folder.  When I paste in the different hanger5 from the other folder it won't show that hanger5, it will only show the hanger5 that was first saved there.  I have been trying to do a "save as" through a neutral location through the desktop, but now it is telling me I am replacing a file, but it never even shows up in the Models folder.

I use MLCad to build, LDView to review and render.

I have LDraw installed in Program Files (x86).

I was having Windows Security issues when trying to paste files into the Models folder in the LDraw fold, so I had to give full access to all security settings.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
MAJOR program issues -- maybe Windows related - by Nathan S - 2017-05-20, 18:42