LDCad 1.6 Beta 2 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 2 (win+linux)
(2017-02-27, 9:16)David Manley Wrote: Would it be possible to add something to easily align parts to a "master" part. In the manner of Visio's "Align Object"
I think this functionality would be useful when "tidying up" a model towards the end of modelling e.g. where part rotations/"un"-rotations may have caused part positions to have non-zero values after the decimal place.

I like this idea, I'll put it on the list for the next major version. Although you really should prevent rounding drift while editing. For example by using the 'home' key now and then while inserting new parts. Or by first selecting nicely round similar placed parts before adding a new one.

In the current version you can also align all individual parts in the selection separability to the current grid using the selection/placement/snap all to... menu item. This probably the feature I would extend into your suggested dialog.

(2017-02-27, 9:16)David Manley Wrote: A second suggestion is similar to the alignment but where the side of one part can be placed adjacent to the opposite side of a master part e.g. left side to right side. Where there are multiple parts selected, the parts would get "staggered".
Could be useful too, I could add it as an extra alignment option in the same dialog.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 2 (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2017-02-27, 20:24
RE: LDCad 1.6 Beta 2 (win+linux) - by TestOne - 2017-03-01, 18:41