[LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released

RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix)
(2016-05-19, 1:40)Travis Cobbs Wrote: Having said that, if there is a program you want to run, and it requires you to install it somewhere else, then the pragmatic thing to do is to install it somewhere else.

I've never had a Vista machine and Win 7 never objected to anything I did, given the fact that I'm the sole user on my machine and have admin rights on it. After upgrading to Win 10 I'm no longer trusted to handle my own machine and I object to that behaviour.
I've been taught to install every program in the Program-folder since Win 3.0 and maybe thats the reason for me doing it like I've allways done it.
I guess I have to adapt to the "new" way of installing my programs.

The AIOI chooses C:/Program files(x86) as a default place to install, but the tutorial also says:
Quote:Keep the default location or provide an alternative location to install the LDraw System Of Tools. Change the location only if you know exactly what you're doing. On a 64-Bit OS resist installing to the C:\Program files folder. The installer won't complain but you might run into compatibility issues later.

Where do you have your ldraw programs installed? To me, it feels very wrong to place them in My Documents.
Where do I move my files to "do it the right way"? C:/user/username/ldraw ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released (randomise colours / bug fix) - by Magnus Forsberg - 2016-05-20, 16:51