LDCad 1.6 Alpha 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 1 (win+linux)
(2016-05-09, 13:05)Niklas Buchmann Wrote: Two things come to mind.
First, like I said, some of the texts are very confusing. I've been using LDCad for quite a while now I have no idea what the "dead plane axis" could be. Maybe some of the meaning is lost in translation?

To make changing the settings easier, I think it would help a lot if you had an input field next to each option where you can just type in the key you want instead of having to select it from the drop-down list at the top.
I also saw that I could select the same key for diffferent actions, how does LDCad handle this at the moment?
"dead plane axis" is the axis not on current editing plane. For example if you are using the top view editing plane, which lets you move stuff on the X and Z axis, the dead axis would be the Y axis. There is no no hotkey in <=1.5 for this but it has been asked for a couple of times. This way people can configure it however they want.

Same key for different actions is allowed as it is sometimes needed. For example the 'N' key in the "edit session" group. It is assigned to "Enable nested mode", but also to 'change the insertion target ....'. The first item using the key that can currently be applied will win in such cases. This is why the view order is currently the same as the internal loop as it uncovers these kinds of things.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 1 (win+linux) - by Roland Melkert - 2016-05-09, 18:38