[LDPartEditor] > Requests

[LDPartEditor] > Requests
Hi Nils,

After doing some parts with the LDPE I am getting pretty much used to it, although I did by far not use all the features yet, or may be have not even discovered them all. I do have some requests or suggestions to make editing easier.

PROPOSAL: Add "Move Manipulator to Origin of selected Subfile" to the Context Menu
I find it a bit tedious to go up to the menu bar and set the manipulator to the subfile I selected. It simply take a lot of time.
It would be great if this can be implemented in the RMB Context Menu. This is basically the way I set the Manipulator most of the time. Either in the RMB Context Menu or with a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+ something) to do the same.

PROPOSAL: A better way to skew RECT Prims
I did not find a proper way till now to move a rectangle-prim in place when it is out of a plane. I.e. if I want to put it slanted I need to check two vertices, calculate their distance, translate this into the transformation matrix of the rect-prim to put it to the correct angle and the correct vertex.
It would be good if I could:
- Select a primitive (Rect) (1)
- Select the two vertices or edge lines where the rect shall touch (2)
- LDPE will calculate the transformation matrix -> Result in the final Pic

.png   LDPE-Prop-AlignPrim1.png (Size: 23.72 KB / Downloads: 4)

.png   LDPE-Prop-AlignPrim2.png (Size: 11.34 KB / Downloads: 4)

PROPOSAL: Align Circles or Cricle Sections
Sometimes there is a need to find a circle-section that fits between two specific points, A and B. I have also attached a picture to show the task. I need to calculate the radius ® of the circle and the center (M) I do this now with a small XLS tool which serves the purpose perfectly. It would be neat if this could be "onboard" of LDPE.

PROPOSAL: Draw Selection Only/Draw Until Selection
You have the possibility oin the text editor to "Show Selection in 3D View" This selects also the line sin the 3D Editor and I can jointly move it, that is really good (and I just discovered after finding the link to the manual again:-)
Now sometimes I would like to see only a specific set of lines (without the rest of the part) or to draw only to a certain line.
Those two selections would be great:
- Draw Selection (in Text Editor)
- Draw Until Selection (in Text Editor)
I would need this function to help properly sort the lines in a file and to clean it up.

PROPOSAL: Group Function
This would also aid in cleanign and sorting a file. I.e. In the 3D Editor I can select a number of items (quads, lines etc.) which might not be at one position in the file, however they might belong together. So
- I select them,
- then RMB "join selection in text Editor"
- may be a prompt is made to add a comment to allow you finding the code later.

QUESTION: Cond-Line Colors
Why are the Condlines shown in two colors? I could not figure out a reason for that.

A lot of stuff... but I hope this might be useful/helpful for others as well

Gerald
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
[LDPartEditor] > Requests - by Gerald Lasser - 2016-01-14, 21:45