LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b (win+linux)
Hello Roland.

I'm busy these days but I have at least some results of snap data 1.5b testing:

The automatic check of externally modified files does not work in Beta1b.

A warning pop-up window correctly appears when file cannot be saved. Also, another warning pops up when one tries to save the shadow file opened from the archive. Thanks for that. But there is still a problem: after such non-successful save action LDCad marks this file as 'saved' and next ctrl+S does nothing, no warning (LDCad probably believes the file is "unmodified").

snapping:

2546 (parrot): the result is there are two snap objects at exactly same place, one coming from each half. Is this OK?

43744 (phoenix): you changed the head hole diameter from 2 to 1.8 what means that hair decorations and similar parts no longer fit this hole in LDCad. Are you sure this reflects the real parts? I do not have any phoenix here to test now but I believe this hole should fit those parts => diameter 2. Whatever it looks like in ldraw model. Maybe we should request a fix of this part?

61780 : you added the center antistud, even you commented here that these antistuds make LDCad "ruin the snapping behavior" - that's why I left the axle hole there only, originally. So should it be there?

cow head does not snap the cow body - it works with my version of snap data but not with your one (1.5Beta1b). I must say I do not see the exact reason. Horse head+body works in your version well.

mirrored snap objects in general: animal bodies or heads are usually made of two mirrored halves. How to define snap objects for those "halves" in a way that the whole head matches the neck of whole body at the correct position only and not at the half-offset, too? (is this description understandable without picture?)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b (win+linux) - by Milan Vančura - 2015-10-29, 21:50