LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b (win+linux)

Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b (win+linux)
Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
Quote:It's been sugested before to make it possible to use snapping points as rotation centers by selecting them in some way. But I'm still not sure how to do that gui wise.
Using the Tab / shift Tab key to go through all possibilities is a common practice. Now for a part that has MANY snapping point this can be a burden, but maybe some order/priority could be defined in the shadow file?
Yes, this is a common practice in some applications. But here, we face the problem of too many such objects to select from. That's why I prefer mouse this time. LDCad already knows to show snap points, just define another hot key showing them clickable and that click sets the local coordinate system.

The second feature would be to be able to set the selection/part centre without manual creation of submodel. Maybe the submodel is needed, I do not know the internal design of LDCad. In such case it's about more comfortable way to set it up.

A pair of these features allow the user to select exactly "what is put on what".
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b (win+linux) - by Milan Vančura - 2015-10-28, 9:15