Freshly updated Ldraw.xml

Re: Freshly updated Ldraw.xml
Hi Rolf and everyone,

thanks for all the great work and for the inputs: here is my take on all this Ldraw.xml thing:

This file will most likely always need to be edited and updated manually. For this reason in my view it should be as easy as possible to read and understand, so for example I see as very useful to have an empty line between parts, same thing goes for other kind of notes/marks which can help the user to edit the file.
Because of this the file might not be as clean as we might want it, but as long as the conversion works properly I don't really see an issue.
When it comes to the parts order it is also more convenient to just append new parts at the end instead of inserting them in the proper place by DesignId. So, I personally would suggest that we could add new ones at the end and every now and then we resort them and release a new version.

For the above reasons I am currently a bit hesitant to take straight the file kindly cleaned by Jarema, since the are no empty lines between parts and concurrently it is also hard for me to check at 100% that the cleaning has been done properly.

Rolf, to answer your question, how about letting your converter just translate the file and just append the special areas at the end untouched? Would it be possible to create markers to basically highlight either the part to be converted, or on the contrary the part not to be translated?

Just an idea...

Thanks,

- Mattia
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Freshly updated Ldraw.xml - by Jarema - 2015-09-30, 20:21
Re: Freshly updated Ldraw.xml - by Mattia Zamboni - 2015-10-14, 22:23
Re: Freshly updated Ldraw.xml - by Jarema - 2015-10-01, 18:36
Re: Freshly updated Ldraw.xml - by Jarema - 2015-09-30, 21:29
put ldraw.xml to github? - by Steffen - 2015-10-03, 11:31