Adding simple mechanic tags as a recommendation to standard

Re: Adding simple mechanic tags as a recommendation to standard
Not interfering with step (and mpd structure) is why I choose the somewhat more complicated solution with LDCad.

It doesn't have the start end metas for grouping things because it also preserves the listing order of items in a group and as items might belong to more then one group (for use in different animations for example) I decided to only support a group_nxt meta.

The setup also allows for grouping of items located in different files through recursion. As a result you can create groups completely independent of the file structure and part placement order.

You then manipulate these groups through lua scripts, but I too would also like to offer a more gui approach for setting up group relations in order to do more event triggered animations without having to write complicated group placement scripts.

So I would be very open to an open/universal set of metas for describing group relations.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Adding simple mechanic tags as a recommendation to standard - by Roland Melkert - 2014-11-19, 21:49