Auto correcting (some) defects in the official library

Re: Auto correcting (some) defects in the official library
Quote:What errors could LDCad fix, except those that DatHeader already fixes?
Looking at the list Michael gave none Smile Did not realize datheader also fixed mesh problems (given it's name).

Only difference is the batch approach as I can load the entire official LDraw library and write all corrected files back to disk afterwards in one go.

Quote:IMO we don't need another tool to fix all these issues.
I'm not creating a new tool for this, LDCad does these fixes during loading anyway I just tweaked some things to let it save all those modified files.

But you are both right it's only useful if anyone is willing to double check the resulting changed files (probably about 200 or so).

Although I'm wondering do things like bow ties really have to go though the full review stage? Isn't it easier to just look at the differences text wise combined with a quick LDView checkup.

It's just to get rid of some of the more annoying errors not to get those parts up to modern standards etc (as most of them also have bigger authoring problems like missing invalid/bfc less then perfect conditional lines etc).

Anyway I'll finish my tweaks and leave the result for anyone willing (or not) to pick it up.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: Auto correcting (some) defects in the official library - by Roland Melkert - 2014-11-16, 18:44