Problem creating submodels with Steps using LDCad

Problem creating submodels with Steps using LDCad
I just can't get this to work quite right. I like to use LDD as a starting point for just playing around with new model ideas. It's quick and easy to just throw bricks in place. But then I want to take that into LDCad and break down the one single model into a collection of submodels in a .mpd file.

I can create new submodels in LDCad. I then cut and paste the selection of bricks I want from the existing single model into the empty submodel I just created, making sure to remove position and rotation information as I do so. I'll then take the submodels and "recombine" them into a new main model, this time made of the submodels instead of individual bricks. I can close and reopen the file at this point and everything is fine.

However, if I then go in and add Steps to the submodels I run into a problem. It's not apparent right away. I can create the steps and page through them and it looks fine. But if I close and reopen the file I'll find bricks have moved to different locations. Some are even part of different submodels. I can't seem to figure out what's causing them to move like that. It's definitely a result of adding steps to the submodels.

I can replicate this with any model I make, whether I start in LDD or even make the whole thing in LDCad. I can split a single model into submodels. But as soon as I add Steps to the submodels, the position of random bricks gets messed up upon reopening the file.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Problem creating submodels with Steps using LDCad - by John - 2014-01-03, 18:56