7475 BOM done with LDRAW tool support

Re: 7475 BOM done with LDRAW tool support
Steffen Wrote:
Joshua Wrote:and of course you're now forcing everyone to use the look, whether they like it or not.

Uhm, no, I was thinking of an alternative stud file, functioning the same way like the "(Fast-Draw)" primitives.
I.e., both versions of the studs are available,
and an application can offer the user a choice which one to use.

I didn't mean this to sound as harsh as it does when quoted. Please take this as "and of course I would want to avoid forcing everyone to use the look whether they like it or not".

I think I like !OBI support for applications better, since it changes how the files are parsed, rather than where the files are accessed, information isn't duplicated, and as primitives mature, the !OBI syntax stays in place and "inherits" that growth.

Steffen Wrote:
Joshua Wrote:Quite a few. Not just studs, but tubes.
Could you please be so kind and grep through your files to pass on a list of those here?
I'm not asking for this to further insist on my suggestion, just to better understand the scenario here.

It's a lot worse than I thought it might be, possibly because when OBI was written, the use of primitives was less standardized.
There are 350 files with !OBI references between parts/ and parts/s in my LDRAWDIR.

In addition to those, the totals look like this:
./axlehol6.dat:2
./beamhole.dat:1
./confric.dat:7
./confric2.dat:9
./connect.dat:7
./connect2.dat:7
./connect4.dat:6
./connhole.dat:1
./peghole.dat:1
./steerend.dat:1
./stud.dat:1
./stud10.dat:3
./stud2.dat:2
./stud2a.dat:2
./stud4.dat:1
./stud4a.dat:1
./stud7.dat:2
./stud15.dat:3

My local 3895.dat has 11 uses (direct, not counting uses by primitives) of !OBI in it. I have no idea whether it's the very latest. Those 11 would be the bearing holes.

LCAD:
[Image: 389521.gif]
(Modern) TLG:
[Image: 389521.jpg]

-- joshua
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Re: 7475 BOM done with LDRAW tool support - by Joshua Delahunty - 2013-12-07, 19:57
Re: OBI - by Steffen - 2013-12-08, 10:11
Re: OBI - by Joshua Delahunty - 2013-12-08, 17:53