(2026-10-09, 4:46)Zack Uhlenhuth Wrote: One nit is the torso print seems too dark brown?
I'll admit it looks a bit off, but Lego's ink color matching for (old) Brown (25 Earth Orange) was rather poor (mostly a bit lighter) in the 1990s. Combine that with Lego's problems with printing on darker plastics, it get's messy. I'll blame it on that (real ones are erroneous
). Keep in mind that LDraw approximates idealised versions of Lego parts, so printing errors will be ignored.
6045Kendo.jpg (Size: 62.55 KB / Downloads: 23)
When available for 90s prints, I usually refer to the vector-based instruction PDFs from Lego's customer service for colour matching, if the colours are somewhat unclear. In this case the instructions also confirm Old Brown. Besides, there are not that many options in 1998:
- Dark Orange: too light
- Fabuland Brown: too pale and reddish
- Earth Orange (Lego's "12 Light Orange Brown", the colour of Ron Weasley's Hair and Duplo Lions): too bright and also too light
- Fabuland Red (colour of Captain Ironhook's hair): much too Reddish