New meta in LDConfig for default category icon in editors

RE: New meta in LDConfig for default category icon in editors
(2024-08-01, 6:41)Willy Tschager Wrote: Here is my list for the LDConfig file. Feel free to comment. Rotation is untouched as there is currently no editor supporting the AVATAR meta:

I've been working on implementing the meta for LDCad 1.7 Beta 2.

And I'm wondering about some additional points, spec wise:

- Description seems to be fairly useless (i this list), I would suggest making it optional (defaults to category) in the spec to prevent typo's.
- Same for orientation.

Also I wrote the parser to be order independent, so.

0 !AVATAR CATEGORY "Tail" DESCRIPTION "Tail" PART 1 0 0  0 1 0  0 0 1 "4867.dat"
and
0 !AVATAR CATEGORY "Tail" PART 1 0 0  0 1 0  0 0 1 "4867.dat" DESCRIPTION "Tail"
and
0 !AVATAR PART 1 0 0  0 1 0  0 0 1 "4867.dat" DESCRIPTION "Tail" CATEGORY "Tail"

will all load. Maybe we should make it clear in the spec if the order is supposed to be static.

It will only cause problems if we ever add a new parameter as the old parser will not know how to 'skip' an unknown one.

LDCad will now just stop parsing and use the line 'read only' with the information read so far.

Finally has LDraw.org ever defined the rules of a quoted string?

I'm currently using an extremely simple one with just an escape for " (\") and \ (\\)

Anyhow the above list by Willy parses ok in beta 2, next up actually using the information in the bins etc Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: New meta in LDConfig for default category icon in editors - by Roland Melkert - 2024-09-01, 22:54