LeoDraw snapping parts

RE: LeoDraw snapping parts
Thank you both for the information.  I downloaded the LDCad 1.7 Beta and am working with it as best I can.  But, yes, I am liking the snapping function of LDCad.  It does make it a lot easier, and more familiar.

I wish I had know about LDCad before I ordered the physical blocks for this model.  Either way, it's going to take a LONG time to put this together, being over 23,000 parts.  But that's why I like LEGOs/Building Blocks.  I'm visually impaired and have very little accuracy with plastic models any longer, so the snapping of blocks, whether physical or digital, are very important.  And the more pieces, the better.  Smile

Thanks again.

Andrew

(2024-08-23, 20:58)Roland Melkert Wrote: LDraw parts don't include the information needed to simulate solid parts. Most editors with any kind of snapping ether generate basic information or maintain supplement information.

As fas I know LeoCad has grid editing only. So to place those pins in the beams you will need to use a fine (1,1,1) grid.

Like mentioned above the alternative is using an editor that does support part snapping like my LDCad.

Just remember the 1.6 version (included with the aioi) has part snapping disabled at first start. You can enable it by clicking 'GS' in compass or by pressing 'P' while the mouse cursor is inside the editing area. As of 1.7 it is enabled by default for clean installs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
LeoDraw snapping parts - by Andrew Rhodes - 2024-08-23, 2:59
RE: LeoDraw snapping parts - by David Manley - 2024-08-23, 10:22
RE: LeoDraw snapping parts - by Andrew Rhodes - 2024-08-24, 4:51