[LDPE] 1.8.81 Released (subfile links/new 3D shortcuts/ empty prims/ better rounding)

RE: [LDPE] 1.8.81 Released (subfile links/new 3D shortcuts/ empty prims/ better rounding)
I just thought of another possible enhancement. (Maybe this is already possible…)

In the "Set X/Y/Z" dialog, I'd like to have buttons to swap the x/y, x/z and y/z coordinates (of a vertex, for example), like you can currently do for manipulator axes.

And/or, I'd like to be able to add the missing coordinate to a 2D vertex (or group of vertices).

Perhaps a use case will illustrate it better: Right now I am importing node coordinates from Inkscape and converting them to LPE vertices. I want the 2D x and y coords from Inkscape to become the x and z coords in LDPE. When I paste I get a list like this:
Code:
L 2.77 3.56
L 2.77 7.79
L 5.64 7.79
L 5.64 3.56

I can find/replace "L " with "0 !LPE VERTEX ", then manually type in zeroes for the Y coord, but I often have 100 or so vertices in my list. So it would be nice if I could find/replace with "0 !LPE VERTEX 0 " instead (i.e., adding an empty x coord), then swap the x and y. Or alternatively, just click a button to add the missing y coord—for example, by using "Set X/Y/Z" and checking the Y box set at zero, but currently this doesn't work as LDPE doesn't recognize the vertices without all 3 coordinates.

Hopefully that makes sense—and like I said, maybe there's already an easy way to do this that I just haven't discovered yet. Wink
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LDPE] 1.8.81 Released (subfile links/new 3D shortcuts/ empty prims/ better rounding) - by N. W. Perry - 2024-07-06, 23:13