Inconsistancy in description

RE: Inconsistancy in description
(2024-07-04, 13:21)Willy Tschager Wrote: May I point out that this is a LDCad thing, as LDraw knows only "Plates"?

Maybe additional categories such as "Plate" and "Plate Modified" could solve this issue - as long as it applies only to newly submitted parts, without the obligation to recycle all official plates?

w.

I partially agree.
Still, there is inconsistancy in the descriptions.

The way LDcad puts parts in certain bins is by looking at the description.
Having the word "with" in the description, puts a part in a modified bin. This goes for plates, but also for bricks, tiles, etc.

I remember an earlier discussion on tiles. If a tile has no studs and is just a straight tile, it is a tile.
If it has a stud somewhere or some modification (like ie. a clip, bar or pin) it is either a plate or a modified tile.

Like said, I strongly suggest to at least make choice for the desription for these:

77850 Plate  1 x  3 Round Ends and  3 Open Studs
35480 Plate  1 x  2 with Round Ends and 2 Open Studs

Either with or without "with" ;-)
I vote for 77850 Plate  1 x  3 with Round Ends and  3 Open Studs

Since the 1x2 version came first and we choose to add "with", I think the 1x3 version deserves the word with.

I won't go for recycling all plates and neither make a new category.
Keeping just Plates would suffice, but we need to better pay attention to descriptions.
If a new part is made, we should look at the descriptions of other similar parts and make it consistant.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Inconsistancy in description - by Jaco van der Molen - 2024-07-04, 13:57