LDCad Shadow file contributions

RE: Shadow file contributions
(2024-05-16, 19:57)Roland Melkert Wrote: I've been thinking about this.

The main reason used to be maintainability but with the cleaner function introduced in 1.7 Beta1 this is less of an issue.

It also has been asked before and I don't want it to prevent people from donating to the project so I'm leaning towards lifting the restriction.

I only need to figure out an easy way to keep track of info about unofficial parts so when a part goes official the cleaner can detect it and remind me to check them once more.

Maybe something in the history lines like "Initial info for unofficial part ...." followed by "Made official" on a later date. This way the cleaner can detect if those lines match with the current ldraw.org status of the part.

I'll try to setup something soon (in beta2 dev) so for the time being don't let it stop you making shadow content for unofficial parts.

ps:
Did a quick look at your files and I noticed 80015 currently seems to have info for a smaller version of the part.
Also you corrected 86876 to have just 2 anti-studs, it has 3 on purpose though Smile

Thanks for correcting the plate hinge, I forgot about those.
I think that is an excellent idea! That way Ldcad will be a better software. I will keep adding shadow parts and do PRs if you lift that restriction. Will benefit the program for sure Smile 

The reason why I changes 86876 is because it wouldn't snap. I understood the reasoning behind three antistuds but it didn't work in LDcad. Maybe a bug?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shadow file contributions - by Fredrik Hareide - 2024-05-17, 10:42