LDraw meeting in Billund 2024

RE: LDraw meeting in Billund 2024
(2024-04-29, 10:59)Orion Pobursky Wrote: More reviews in the PT
- Over 7000 parts waiting for review
- The idea of turning off submits for some period was suggested. Other felt this would not solve the problem as people would just not review and wait out the no submit periods.

A picture usually says more than a thousand words.

Looking at that number is really discouraging and something has to be done about. As I had plenty of time while waiting for my connection flight, I came up with the following idea. Feel free to copy:

The PT is a "give and take". If everyone who submits a part would review just two others - and this implies not only casting one vote but accompany the part 'til it is released - the 7000 would be brought down in no time. We all know that authoring is much more fun than reviewing, but unless we decide that certification is no longer needed, someone has to review them.

I cannot see any reason why I should review parts, knowing the author will never review one of mine, for the simple fact that he doesn't review. I decided to stop reviewing parts of senior author who - independently of their reasons - do not review. (This does not apply to newcomers, who just got their feed wet with authoring).

Sounds harsh? It is, but burden the load of the certification process on the shoulder of others isn't nice either.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: LDraw meeting in Billund 2024 - by Willy Tschager - 2024-04-30, 8:39