Help for Mac user

Help for Mac user
Hi there,

I'm using a Mac (OSX 10.5.8) and am having some troubles.

Here's what I have done and have working so far:

1) Downloaded BrickSmith - launched it and was able to use BrickSmith to create the model.
2) Downloaded LPub (v4) - launched it but it is saying that it cannot find the parts.lst file. When I load a model, it cannot render that model "LDView Failed" error.

I checked around and it seems like I need to run mklist.exe to generate the parts.lst file, but I can't do that on a Mac (since it's an .exe file). Any other options?

Also.. I can't find some Lego parts in BrickSmith. For example, I can find the NXT brick, but I can't find any of the NXT motors or sensors (but I can find the old RCX style motors / sensors).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Re: Help for Mac user
You can get LDView from ldview.sourceforge.net. LPub doesn't do any rendering. It requires a renderer to be installed (like LDView).

I don't remember off-hand where Bricksmith puts the parts library, but it might well be inside the Bricksmith.app app wrapper folder. Wherever it puts the parts, you need to point LPub and LDView to that folder. When LDView first launches, it asks you if you already have the parts library installed. You can either point it at the LDraw folder that Bricksmith sets up, or you can tell it you don't have the library installed, and let LDView itself download and install the library. If you have LDView download and install the library, you'll have to point LPub and Bricksmith at the folder that LDView creates. I'm pretty sure that a parts.lst file is in the default LDraw library.

Parts that you can't find in Bricksmith are either not made yet, or not official. You can download unofficial parts from http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/. Most people recommend downloading unofficial parts into a different directory. Official parts go into <LDraw Directory>/Parts. Unofficial parts can go into <LDraw Directory>/Unofficial/Parts, and I believe Bricksmith will automatically see them. If you do download an unofficial part, make sure to also download all of its companion files. Alternatively, simply open the main file that you download in LDView, and it will automatically download all the missing companion files into <LDraw Directory>/Unofficial.
Quote:Parts that you can't find in Bricksmith are either not made yet, or not official.
Here, I'd rather suspect an out-of-date version of LDraw official library: all NXT parts are now official. You may need to download and install "complete.zip".
i am past the pass word issue,, as i explained that i was able to remember it.
i just need to know how to delete the user without it returning after changing from ROOT admin, back to normal user..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »