Stickers appearing on multiple sheets

Stickers appearing on multiple sheets
As I am working on some train related stickers, I asked myself the question, is it better to re-use existing stickers or make aliases that correspond to the correct sheet.

Prominent examples would be the train logos, i.e. similare logos on the 164575, 164585, 168265, where 164585 can be complete doen with stickers from 164565.

Modern samples are the Andreas Crossing 2x2 Sticker that appears on multiple sheets.

Should those be added as aliases or shall we skip them? When skipping them, it might be difficult to locate the replacement, So IMHO, I would rather add them...

Opinions?
RE: Stickers appearing on multiple sheets
I'm in favor of aliases.
(2022-06-20, 22:50)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I'm in favor of aliases.

Yes, aliases please.
Only problem with that is that indicating them as aliases makes them difficult to find.

If I search in the Sticker partbin I will only find the ones without the = prefix.
I have to make a more general search to find all three.

Did we decide how to handle alternative sheetnumbers in the same set? I think we said: Add as keywords.
Many of the Speed Champion set have the same print on 2 different numbers.
Like in set 75871, both 6141954 and 6141955 is correct.
And I woun't find those until I make a search including keywords.

I'm in favor of the alias strategy too, but it might not be enough.
And I also don't want 4 copies of the same sticker design under 4 different numbers. Hmm.
Why does LDCad sort out alias parts into a separate partbin?
I won't find them if I don't know to also look in that partbin. And I'll keep using an older version of the part when there is a new version in newer sets.
(2022-07-25, 6:55)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Why does LDCad sort out alias parts into a separate partbin?
I won't find them if I don't know to also look in that partbin. And I'll keep using an older version of the part when there is a new version in newer sets.

I usually add "exclude description ~*,=*,_*" to all the pbg groups to prevent listing the duplicate and obsolete ones.

I could remove the = one for the (default) sticker group in the future.
(2022-07-26, 19:02)Roland Melkert Wrote: I could remove the = one for the (default) sticker group in the future.

Thanks,
I , and I think many model builders, would appreciate that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »