Boost Hub Part

Boost Hub Part
Hello,

I can't find the Boost Hub Part that is supposed to be in the unofficial parts directory of Ldraw. I know that it's there, just can't see it in Ldraw.

Checked the environment variable, noticed that there was an error so changed it from C:\Users\Public\Documents\Ldraw
to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Ldraw,  but no difference. I wonder where LDRAWDIR is set? 

I checked the MLCAD.ini file and it looks ok. Search directories are fine.

Not sure how to get the BOOST Hub into the model. Any help appreciated.

I downloaded "parts/26910.dat
Electric Power Functions 2.0 Boost Move Hub"  into the official parts directory and unofficial and I still cannot see the hub. I found this part on http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=boost
RE: Boost Hub Part
(2019-05-09, 22:46)wol bar Wrote: I checked the MLCAD.ini file and it looks ok. Search directories are fine.
The usual suspect in this case is parts.lst file... Have you re-created it? (File -> scan parts -> Accept).
...but maybe it's time for you to move to a more modern and efficient LDraw editor such as LDCad?
(2019-05-10, 5:58)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: The usual suspect in this case is parts.lst file... Have you re-created it? (File -> scan parts -> Accept).
...but maybe it's time for you to move to a more modern and efficient LDraw editor such as LDCad?

I do use LDCad, sorry for the confusion Philippe.

I have downloaded u9360c01.dat, which you created. I now have it in the official and unofficial parts directory.

I ran MKLIST as I cannot find the (File -> scan parts -> Accept) instructions in LDCad 1.6b that you wrote in your reply, and MKLIST seems to work on parts, so I assume it updates them.

Still no cigar. I cannot find the BOOST hub case.  

Where is the 'scan parts' instruction please?
(2019-05-13, 5:09)wol bar Wrote: I do use LDCad, sorry for the confusion Philippe.
Where is the 'scan parts' instruction please?
Sorry, the scan parts tip was intended for MLCad use, no need for that with LDCad!

Quote:I have downloaded u9360c01.dat, which you created. I now have it in the official and unofficial parts directory.
You should see it... but the part could be empty if you didn't download the gazillion of parts this shortcut depends upon. I suggest that you download the archive with all unofficial parts here http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/

Now if that still doesn't work, are you sure that the location where you put the parts is the one used by LDCad? You can check the parts library folders used by LDCad using Prefs -> LDraw -> Search (library) paths
(2019-05-13, 6:05)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Now if that still doesn't work, are you sure that the location where you put the parts is the one used by LDCad? You can check the parts library folders used by LDCad using Prefs -> LDraw -> Search (library) paths

Also you don't have to unzip the unofficial archive, you can use it as is.

It should look something like this:

(2019-05-13, 6:05)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Sorry, the scan parts tip was intended for MLCad use, no need for that with LDCad!

You should see it... but the part could be empty if you didn't download the gazillion of parts this shortcut depends upon. I suggest that you download the archive with all unofficial parts here http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/

Now if that still doesn't work, are you sure that the location where you put the parts is the one used by LDCad? You can check the parts library folders used by LDCad using Prefs -> LDraw -> Search (library) paths

I just used your LDFIND program to locate the downloaded Boost Hub unofficial part. LDFIND was a great help. It turns out that there is no single coherent model for the BOOST Hub yet. I see that you have submitted many parts of the hub for some kind of review that hasn't been completed yet. I don't know how you made your BOOST MOCs with LDCAD but this is what I see using LDFIND and it is not useable at this time in LDCAD.

What LDFIND shows is an unfinished hub part number 26910. Other hub parts are also shown separately.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[attachment=3642 Wrote:[attachment=3642]Roland Melkert pid='31988' dateline='1557768820']
Also you don't have to unzip the unofficial archive, you can use it as is.

It should look something like this:

Thanks that helped to get my unofficial parts in the path. I was unaware I had to click on the archive button after clicking on browse folder. I assumed browse meant that it would find the archive either the zipped archive or the unofficial parts path. 

My screen capture shows a difference though. I am trying to understand what the 'donor' 'shadow' directories mean. But obviously my 'donor' directory is not linked with my 'unofficial' parts directory as they are in your capture.
(2019-05-14, 16:27)wol bar Wrote: What LDFIND shows is an unfinished hub part number 26910. Other hub parts are also shown separately.
I agree, LDfind is great and very useful!

But your problem is that you are missing all subparts needed for each Boost hup parts (LDraw file have a hierarchical structure, you only downloaded top level).
Again, I strongly suggest that you download the archive with all unofficial parts here http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ !!!
[attachment=3650 Wrote:Philippe Hurbain pid='31994' dateline='1557857374']I agree, LDfind is great and very useful!

But your problem is that you are missing all subparts needed for each Boost hup parts (LDraw file have a hierarchical structure, you only downloaded top level).
Again, I strongly suggest that you download the archive with all unofficial parts here http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ !!!

I did download it a week ago. I included the path. I'm out of ideas. I'll wait until LDCAD has Boost in the official parts list as this dog won't bark.  I'll check back in a few months but it's back to LDD for me for some plans. Too bad as LDCAD is way better. Heck, even Studio from Bricklink doesn't work well but at least I can get the hub for 90% of what I want to do. For example, when I try to attach a 1x6 brick on the bottom of the hub parallel to the battery box in the Studio Boost Hub it does not work. Otherwise everything else connects fine. So I will have to switch between LDD and Studio until the day this part is in the official list.  Thank you for your time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2019-05-17, 5:27)wol bar Wrote: I did download it a week ago. I included the path. I'm out of ideas.
Really don't know why it doesn't work. Your LDCad library configuration looks OK indeed.

Quote: For example, when I try to attach a 1x6 brick on the bottom of the hub parallel to the battery box in the Studio Boost Hub it does not work. Otherwise everything else connects fine. So I will have to switch between LDD and Studio until the day this part is in the official list.  Thank you for your time.
I confirm this issue. But this is not a major problem: place the brick on top, then use the manual move tool to place it at bottom.
(2019-05-14, 17:17)wol bar Wrote: Thanks that helped to get my unofficial parts in the path. I was unaware I had to click on the archive button after clicking on browse folder. I assumed browse meant that it would find the archive either the zipped archive or the unofficial parts path. 

My screen capture shows a difference though. I am trying to understand what the 'donor' 'shadow' directories mean. But obviously my 'donor' directory is not linked with my 'unofficial' parts directory as they are in your capture.

The browse folder is to select an unzipped library, while the browse archive is used to select a zip file itself.

Shadow is the place where part snapping information for the specified library should be loaded from, it too can be a folder of zip as those have the same make up (collection .dat files).
You are usually ok with with copying the shadow for the unofficial library from the offical one, that way any inherited snapping information (like studs) will work with the new parts too.

The donor is the location where flexible subparts should be found, the default is set automatically during first start.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »