!CMDLINE

!CMDLINE
Hi there,

I've recently discovered that some parts have a !CMDLINE c{color} statement.

Can someone explain the utility of this?
Should it also be added systematicaly to any parts that is supposed to have been made in only one color (like set specific patterned parts)? What if for some reason a patterned parts is reissued in a some time with another color? How should we keep track on that?

Thanks.
RE: !CMDLINE
(2019-03-27, 0:08)Damien Roux Wrote: Hi there,

I've recently discovered that some parts have a !CMDLINE c{color} statement.

Can someone explain the utility of this? Should it also be added systematically to any parts that is supposed to have been made in only one color (like set specific patterned parts)?

Thanks.

https://wiki.ldraw.org/wiki/!CMDLINE

(2019-03-27, 0:08)Damien Roux Wrote: What if for some reason a patterned parts is reissued in a some time with another color? How should we keep track on that?

No.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
...and the question: is it really used by somebody???
(2019-03-27, 7:50)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: ...and the question: is it really used by somebody???

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=cmdline
LEGO ergo sum
(2019-03-27, 7:50)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: ...and the question: is it really used by somebody???

It would be only useful, if a program checks for this value. Are the any programs with this feature?
(2019-03-27, 7:26)Willy Tschager Wrote: https://wiki.ldraw.org/wiki/!CMDLINE

No.

w.

I did read the Wiki but it doesn't give explanation on why is the final goal of this command line. That's why I'm asking here.
(2019-03-27, 7:26)Willy Tschager Wrote:
Quote:What if for some reason a patterned parts is reissued in a some time with another color?
No.
That's why I think cmdline is pointless (this, and the gazillion of parts that miss it!)
(2019-03-27, 7:59)Max Martin Richter Wrote: It would be only useful, if a program checks for this value. Are the any programs with this feature?

Hey,

it would be interesting to see a usage of this statement at the Patterned Part Summary page. Sometimes it is hard to 'see' the pattern. But I do not know how many patterns are out there that are used on different colors.

Rolf
(2019-03-27, 22:04)Rolf Osterthun Wrote: Hey,

it would be interesting to see a usage of this statement at the Patterned Part Summary page. Sometimes it is hard to 'see' the pattern. But I do not know how many patterns are out there that are used on different colors.

Rolf

I used the CMDLINE statement in the Minifigs Heads I did to show their default color.
(2019-03-31, 21:50)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I used the CMDLINE statement in the Minifigs Heads I did to show their default color.
Oh, I have no doubt some authors conscienciously add cmdline information. The question was, is there one LDraw user in the world who ever used this???
(2019-04-01, 5:19)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Oh, I have no doubt some authors conscienciously add cmdline information. The question was, is there one LDraw user in the world who ever used this???

That's true, it would be interesting to also see the HELP lines in e.g. LDCAD.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »