Parts List After Building

Parts List After Building
I've been working on a mod for a long time now and am wondering if there will be a list of my parts that I used when I am done. Does anyone know if I can?
RE: Parts List After Building
(2017-02-05, 4:13)Micah Wrote: I've been working on a mod for a long time now and am wondering if there will be a list of my parts that I used when I am done. Does anyone know if I can?

Hi Micah,

That may depend on which tool you are using and what you mean by a list.

Examples;
- if you are using LPub3D to generate building instructions, LPub3D can generate an image containing the parts within the model.
- BrickStock can import an LDraw model and generate a list of parts including quantities required and images
- BrickLink allows you to upload an LDraw model into a wanted list.

There are other options available, depending on which tool/tools you are using. If you could clarify which tools you are using, you may get a more appropriately targeted answer.

Regards,

David
(2017-02-06, 1:50)David Manley Wrote:
(2017-02-05, 4:13)Micah Wrote: I've been working on a mod for a long time now and am wondering if there will be a list of my parts that I used when I am done. Does anyone know if I can?

Hi Micah,

That may depend on which tool you are using and what you mean by a list.

Examples;
- if you are using LPub3D to generate building instructions, LPub3D can generate an image containing the parts within the model.
- BrickStock can import an LDraw model and generate a list of parts including quantities required and images
- BrickLink allows you to upload an LDraw model into a wanted list.

There are other options available, depending on which tool/tools you are using. If you could clarify which tools you are using, you may get a more appropriately targeted answer.

Regards,

David
How do I upload a model into Bricklink? I already have an account to use.
Nowadays, I always upload LDraw files to Rebrickable as a 'custom list' to get a parts-list. Rebrickable has a very good mapping between LDraw part numbers and their part numbers. It works without any problems 99% of the time.
(2017-02-06, 13:57)Micah Wrote: How do I upload a model into Bricklink? I already have an account to use.
Hi Micah,
when you are logged into BrickLink, click on the "Want" menu icon. Then click on the "Upload" menu option. That will allow you to upload a BrickStock (bsx), LDraw (ldr), LDD (lxf) or Studio (.io) file into either an existing wanted list or a new wanted list (as you deem suitable).
Regards,
David
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »