LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDView 4.2 Beta 1 Released - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDView 4.2 Beta 1 Released (/thread-4278.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: LDView 4.2 Beta 1 Released - Steffen - 2012-04-25

I also feel some small thing missing for the cutaway rendering mode:

I currently can only turn it on and off by using CTRL+mousewheel.

This means that for toggling it on and off I will always move the cut plane.
This is something undesired in some situations.
Instead, you want to move the cutting plane to some location,
and then simply turn that mode on and off.
Thus, I'd like to ask for a button in the toolbar,
similar to the one that toggles the cutaway wireframe mode on and off,
which toggles the whole cutaway mode on and off, please.

Re: LDView 4.2 Beta 1 Released - Steffen - 2012-04-25

Travis, I just noticed that the cutaway plane does not get exported to .pov.
This is a missing screw, as I had used that cutting plane to cut away
obstructing things in the scene (a big house in the front).
As it is trivial to do, I'd like to ask this cutting plane exported to .pov as well, please...
:-))

Re: LDView 4.2 Beta 1 Released - Travis Cobbs - 2012-04-25

I'm probably not going to add a new function prior to the official 4.2 release, but I'll consider it for a future release. A new function requires a new icon, plus implementing the functionality in all three versions of the program (Windows, Mac, and Qt). I may put in a keyboard-only toggle key prior to the 4.2 release, though.

Figuring out the exact location for the cutaway plane may be easier said than done, since in LDView it's in Z-Buffer space. However, please show me a POV snippet to do this, and I'll investigate.

I'll try to get it in before the official 4.2 release. I'll probably also add 'W' and 'S' to do the same thing, since that's how fly-through mode works.

Re: LDView 4.2 Beta 1 Released - Philippe Hurbain - 2012-04-26

I can't find again the option to change highlight color in tree view...???

Re: LDView 4.2 Beta 1 Released - Travis Cobbs - 2012-04-26

Well, that's odd. I'll have to investigate where that disappeared to and put it back.

Re: LDView 4.2 Beta 1 Released - Steffen - 2012-04-26

I can see it fine.
It is in the model tree window bottom left.

EDIT: ugh, right, only the checkbox is there. no color choice anymore. that's what you miss, right? indeed, it seems gone.

Re: LDView 4.2 Beta 1 Released - Jason Smith - 2012-04-27

Working as it should (I think) on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. 64bit.

EDIT: I'm getting a repeatable crash when trying to print. File/Print, screen dims and LDView crashes away. I tried to generate a bug report but that isn't working with this app.

Re: LDView 4.2 Beta 1 Released - Willy Tschager - 2012-04-29

Travis Cobbs Wrote:
Steffen Wrote:1. He first needs to let the thumbnail generator run on some folder,
creating images he does not want (as he wants to change the default configuration).

I'll update the installer to create the Thumbnails preference set when the corresponding check box is checked in the installer to use LDView to generate thumbnails.

Travis Cobbs Wrote:
Steffen Wrote:(D) Change the default settings of the "Thumbnails" preference set.
It currently creates a black background, which looks terrible and frightening in the otherwise "bright" Windows 7 explorer.
I have to always change that manually to "white".
Second: the default field of view setting is terrible, the thumbnails all have a fisheye effect.
My suggestions for (IMHO) better defaults of the "Thumbnails" preference set are:
- background color RGB 245/245/245
- default color RGB 225/225/225
- field of view = 10

I'll make sure that the default one that I install is more reasonable. The down side of this is that this may clobber any user settings, so I may only set the background color. (I'll have to read my installer docs to see if I can have it only set a registry value when that value isn't yet present.)

Just for your information. The AIOI writes the following reg keys:

Code:
Registry.SetValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Travis Cobbs\\LDView\\Sessions\\Thumbnails", "_SessionPlaceholder", "DO NOT DELETE.", REG_SZ);
Registry.SetValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Travis Cobbs\\LDView\\Sessions\\Thumbnails", "BackgroundColor3", "16777215", REG_DWORD);
Registry.SetValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Travis Cobbs\\LDView\\Sessions\\Thumbnails", "Seams", "0", REG_DWORD);
Registry.SetValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Travis Cobbs\\LDView\\Sessions\\Thumbnails", "SortTransparent", "0", REG_DWORD);
Registry.SetValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Travis Cobbs\\LDView\\Sessions\\Thumbnails", "DrawLightDats", "0", REG_DWORD);
Registry.SetValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Travis Cobbs\\LDView\\Sessions\\Thumbnails", "PerformSmoothing", "0", REG_DWORD);
Registry.SetValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Travis Cobbs\\LDView\\Sessions\\Thumbnails", "TextureStuds", "0", REG_DWORD);

for LDView's thumbnail generation.

w.