LDraw.org Discussion Forums
Gerald's Parts and Pieces Thread - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: Models and Parts (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Part Requests (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Gerald's Parts and Pieces Thread (/thread-18039.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Rollercoaster Track Pieces > 26022 - Gerald Lasser - 2018-05-16

(2018-05-16, 11:18)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: OK, now I (finally!!!) do have the parts in hands and still don't see the need for the flat top: lower part of wheel is about 2 mm above the bars!

Which wheels did you try? EDIT: I see them on the PT! :-) , ok those are smaller in diameter

I used the ones from the Black Panther Set 76099
4600 - Wheel Holder
50254 Train Wheel, Small

That's how it works out when putting the cart on the rail, pretty tight

RE: Rollercoaster Track Pieces > 26022 - Philippe Hurbain - 2018-05-17

(2018-05-16, 19:47)Gerald Lasser Wrote:
(2018-05-16, 11:18)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: OK, now I (finally!!!) do have the parts in hands and still don't see the need for the flat top: lower part of wheel is about 2 mm above the bars!

Which wheels did you try? EDIT: I see them on the PT! :-) , ok those are smaller in diameter

I used the ones from the Black Panther Set 76099
4600 - Wheel Holder
50254 Train Wheel, Small
That's how it works out when putting the cart on the rail, pretty tight
Ah, get it now... wondering if it would work fine with curved tracks, rail/whell flange clearance is pretty low. Fortunately in 76099 distance between axles is low.

RE: Rollercoaster Track Pieces > 26022 - Philippe Hurbain - 2018-05-17

Starting S slope 34738...

RE: Rollercoaster Track Pieces > 26022 - Philippe Hurbain - 2018-05-23

(2018-05-17, 18:31)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Starting S slope  34738...
Now on parts tracker, doing 26559/26560

RE: Rollercoaster Track Pieces > 26022 - Magnus Forsberg - 2018-05-24

Why do some tracks have a cutout for the wheel, and some don't?

RE: Rollercoaster Track Pieces > 26022 - Philippe Hurbain - 2018-05-25

(2018-05-24, 20:58)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Why do some tracks have a cutout for the wheel, and some don't?
There are two different forms: flat tracks have a flat area on top of sleepers, while sloped tracks have a reinforcement at the base of rails and the sleepers are accordingly shorter. Top level of this reinforcement is a bit lower than top of sleepers, providing some clearance for 50254 wheels. While I don't have these wheels physically, ldraw model fits sloped tracks.

RE: Gerald's Parts and Pieces Thread - David Merryweather - 2018-06-06

.dat   25059.dat (Size: 2.46 KB / Downloads: 11)

.dat   25059s03.dat (Size: 5.47 KB / Downloads: 9)
.dat   25059s04.dat (Size: 5.46 KB / Downloads: 8)
Hi
I have recently bought the Lego Roller Coaster and I would like to build a bigger one, so I've been following the latest new parts with interest. I thought I would have a go at compiling one of the other rail pieces. I have spoken to Willy and he suggested putting my file on this thread so you guys could tell me if I am going in the right direction. It is the long straight rail section 25059. I imagine Gerald is already on to this, but I thought it was a good one to start learning with. As Gerald said the centre sections are at a different angle and the centre strut has a slightly longer flat facet, so two S files were needed. The end sections and first strut are the same as the short one. It is not complete as I have not got my head around Condlines. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards
hazydavy

RE: Gerald's Parts and Pieces Thread - Philippe Hurbain - 2018-06-26

(2018-06-06, 15:30)hazydavy Wrote: I have recently bought the Lego Roller Coaster and I would like to build a bigger one, so I've been following the latest new parts with interest. I thought I would have a go at compiling one of the other rail pieces. I have spoken to Willy and he suggested putting my file on this thread so you guys could tell me if I am going in the right direction. It is the long straight rail section 25059. I imagine Gerald is already on to this, but I thought it was a good one to start learning with. As Gerald said the centre sections are at a different angle and the centre strut has a slightly longer flat facet, so two S files were needed. The end sections and first strut are the same as the short one. It is not complete as I have not got my head around Condlines. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Hi hazydavy,
Welcome here, and big apologies for missing your post! Yes, your part looks good. As for the condlines, if you used LDPE, it is not that complicated. On each subfile and main file, run Edger2 (Tools -> Edger2 -> option Exclude unmatched edges -> OK). That should do the trick.

20455 Gyrosphere Part - Gerald Lasser - 2019-06-06

I am now finalizing the spherical part right now and I am at pretty good point right now. I subfiled the sphere to reduce size.

That gives some interesting issues.

It looks very good on LDView, I do not see the seams between the subfiles:

However, if I render with Studio (with Custom Parts) I do see a seam between the subfiles, see the "cross" pattern at the front, at the top the seam is between parts, that is ok:

Any idea how I can avoid those?

RE: 20455 Gyrosphere Part - Philippe Hurbain - 2019-06-06

(2019-06-06, 9:08)Gerald Lasser Wrote: However, if I render with Studio (with Custom Parts) I do see a seam between the subfiles, see the "cross" pattern at the front, at the top the seam is between parts, that is ok
Yuck... Can you share the files?