LDraw.org Discussion Forums
Gerald's Parts and Pieces Thread - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: Models and Parts (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Forum: Part Requests (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Gerald's Parts and Pieces Thread (/thread-18039.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Gerald's Parts and Pieces Thread - Gerald Lasser - 2015-11-17

I will use this thread to post my own requests and use it also to provide supporting material for others.

I am starting with Emmet's head in Foil (3626cp8f.dat)

Finally it turned up!
After countless tries to get the head rolling smoothly on the scanner I have to following two pictures that got pretty well:

[attachment=1830]

[attachment=1831]

You can see that there is an area on the side where there is no "aluminium foil"

Re: Gerald's Parts and Pieces Thread - Max Martin Richter - 2015-11-17

This means the file on PT needs to be reworked...
How have you done the "rolling on scanner"?

/Max

Re: Gerald's Parts and Pieces Thread - Gerald Lasser - 2015-11-17

I put 5 heads together to get a stable, round stick.

I use a book with a wide back to move the stick of heads, doing it by hand does not give a stable enough speed.

Then I tried several resolutions, but finally I did scan with 400 DPI which gave me a decent speed that I could follow without too many hickups...

...must have looked a bit funny...

Re: Gerald's Parts and Pieces Thread - Philippe Hurbain - 2015-11-18

Interesting (and funny!) method...

Re: Gerald's Parts and Pieces Thread - Magnus Forsberg - 2015-12-21

Interesting pictures, but I would rather have some photos of frontside and backside.
These are not useable in LPC. Or, have you seen any good ones on the interweb?
I think I have to recreate the silver pattern. The current part is totally wrong.

Re: Gerald's Parts and Pieces Thread - Gerald Lasser - 2015-12-21

I can do some more pictures of the head, will try to upload them before Christmas!

Re: Gerald's PPT > 18675 Dish 6 x 6 Inverted - No Studs with Handle - Gerald Lasser - 2015-12-28

Here's a rough sketch of this fairly recent 2015 part, I have not seen anybody working on it, please tell me if you do so.

Re: Gerald's PPT > 18675 Dish 6 x 6 Inverted - No Studs with Handle - Philippe Hurbain - 2015-12-28

No work on this part here!
BTW, any news about 20310?

Re: Gerald's PPT > 18675 Dish 6 x 6 Inverted - No Studs with Handle - Gerald Lasser - 2015-12-28

I have a few days off now, I found also some problems in the geometry of my model, so time to finish 20310 :-)

Re: Gerald's PPT > 18675 Dish 6 x 6 Inverted - No Studs with Handle - Gerald Lasser - 2015-12-29

The part does not exist without patterns at the moment.

I uploaded the 18675.dat without patterns and broke it down to a parent without top (s00) and two sub-files for the rim, s01 which is 1/8 without the handle and s02 with half of the handle.

If I would use the same base for s01 and s02 I would need another subfile as s01 needs different edge lines, any opinion?

Origin: I think it should sit at the 0 plane? Or shall it be touching the 0 plane with its top?