LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) (/thread-14363.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2014-11-06

Quote:I set fov to the lowest possible (?) value, 45°
Yes current range is 45-150 but it has no technical reason, I'll lower it. Did not expect such low values to be used in real life though, given people complain about the low value in LDD Smile

Quote:I find quite strange that minifigs arms belong to "other minifig parts" and hand to "accessories"
Yes those are a bit odd, but I thought it would be even weirder to have a bin for only two parts. The way I usally create minifigs using 1.4 is by placing the official shortcut minifig and inline it using the reorganize menu afterwards. You can then select e.g. the torso and replace it by a double click on a different torso in the bin and change the colors as needed. No need to search all the individual parts that way.

Quote:but sometimes a part "jumps" to another place when I click on it to select it.
See answer below.

Quote:Is it possible to change screen background color? I think I browsed every options/config entries, but found nothing...
Yes, by editing the main.gui file in gui\default (located in C:\Users\Roland\AppData\Roaming\LDCad or something when the setup version is used, otherwise alongside the exe's location). Look for the editor_BG property, but keep in mind the file will revert to defaults when upgrading. This seems to be requested a lot so I'm making it a gui option in the next (big) version.

Quote:If possible I suggest the use of DEL key when mouse is over filter field to clear it.
You mean the dialog editing fields? Should be possible I'll look into it.

Quote:Is it possible to create a template from an existing assembly like this spool?
Yes, using a text editor copy the path subfile (excluding the GENERATED portion) from the mpd into a new ldr and place it in a template location (templates\path or a custom one). Copy keywords and category from one of the exiting default templates to make it appear in the bins. If you send it to me I could also add it to the default set of templates too.

Quote:It would be interesting to be able to extend something like a string past the end instead of adding points in the middle. Of course it's difficult to integrate with parts that have a different segment on the end...
I could make it a path option, or only apply it if caps are used. I usually put the last point at the destination so it doesn't move during shaping the path.

Quote:I wish I could copy/paste control points... for this highly repetitive structure I ended up editing MPD text - workable but not very elegant Wink
Path points should be copy/pasteable and also respond to the ins key combined with multiple selection etc, seems to be a bug I'll have to check this. If so this could be grounds for a 1.4a as 1.5 won't be ready for some time.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2014-11-07

Quote:Did not expect such low values to be used in real life though, given people complain about the low value in LDD Smile
I guess it's just a matter of personal feeling, but I really never understood these complaints! After all, the "standard" lens is a 50 mm that has a 45° fov, and my current LDView setting is 30°...
Quote:Yes those are a bit odd, but I thought it would be even weirder to have a bin for only two parts.
Maybe it would be more rationale to put these parts with legs and rename that bin "limbs"? And there will be more parts soon (patterned arms), don't forget hook hand (that doesn't seem to have connectivity btw).
Quote:by placing the official shortcut minifig and inline it using the reorganize menu afterwards
That's the method I used for Friends figures, but AFAIK there is no such "official shortcut minifig" in my library? Actually I expected to find something in the templates...
And thanks for the double click trick, I missed that one!
Quote:You mean the dialog editing fields?
I meant in the search field above bins.
Quote:Copy keywords and category from one of the exiting default templates
OK, works fine (once you find the right folder). Attached the mpd of the 1st version I made in my model (with a loop at the end for the hook, just missing a sphere to fake a knot) and the simplified template.
Quote:I usually put the last point at the destination so it doesn't move during shaping the path.
Yes, but I find it a bit disturbing to see the unrouted part bending wildly during edit.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Manfred Kern - 2014-11-08

Hello,

I am getting more and more used to this wonderful piece of software. And every now and then I am detecting a new feature.

But still I have a question: Is there a way to remap short cut keys? Background information:
I like the short cut "Ins" to insert the last selected part. But on my Lenovo keypad, I need to press two keys to activate it.
One (Fn) is at the lower left of the keyboard and the second is on the right. They cannot be pressed with one single hand, you need both hands. Doing that, you are lacking another hand for moving the mouse. So if I can map the "Ins" to another key, I would be able to use the mouse with one hand and press the Ins with another hand.

It's strange, but premium notebook manufacturer Lenovo does not offer one single key for the Insert functionality.

Maybe the remap is already available, and I just did not find it yet.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2014-11-08

Thanks,

But I'm sorry there's currently no option to remap hotkeys.

A while back another user with a similar problem indicated he used a key mapping program to solve the problem for the time being, he was using autohotkey.

Remapping is on my 1.5 list of features but it has low prio, so it might not be in the first beta.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2014-11-08

Quote:but I really never understood these complaints! After all, the "standard" lens is a 50 mm that has a 45° fov
I'll change it to 0<fov<180, I might also make it an option to use horizontal or vertical fov as the master.

Quote:don't forget hook hand (that doesn't seem to have connectivity btw).
If only those minifig tools used a primitive for handles Smile, anyway the minifig aso/hats etc are pending for full snap info.

Quote:Attached the mpd of the 1st version I made in my model (with a loop at the end for the hook, just missing a sphere to fake a knot) and the simplified template.
Thanks, you could include the hook and a knot part as end caps don't know if they're official (sub) parts though. I'll add this hook template to the default ones for the next version.

Quote:I find it a bit disturbing to see the unrouted part bending wildly during edit.
Things can get pretty messed/wrapped up indeed, but it shouldn't be harmful (crash wise) far I know. I'll adjust the next version so it only applies the insert before last rule when (a) end cap(s) are used.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Manfred Kern - 2014-11-09

Yes, Roland.

This is of low priority.

Attached there is a very basic autohotkey script for those who suffer from the same problem.

For my specific notebook I mapped the Insert-Key to F12 if the active window is LDCad. It is easy to change, if someone has other preferences.

In order to upload it, I needed to append an "txt" extension. Just remove it from the filename, so that the extension is "ahk".

Hope that I did not violate any rules attaching a file like this.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2014-11-14

It seems that connectivity of small panels pegholes (11946/11947) is off by 0.5 studs...

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2014-11-14

You are right, it behaves as if it has should 3 holes.

Only needed a small correction, so attached the corrected seed file.

To use it drop it in the program files\ldcad\seeds folder while the program is closed and remove the extra .zip form the filename.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2014-11-14

Thanks, worked fine.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Merlijn Wissink - 2014-11-14

Haha. I guess we're working on the same "project", since I discovered this bug too today Wink