LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) (/thread-14363.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2014-11-04

Quote:I did something wrong in a sub file. I need to go into nested view in the sub file to select just one part. Normally I only have to go into nested to change a sub file part when in the main file. For some reason though I need to do the same, only in one of my subs though. I don't know what that grouping behavior is called but can I undo it somehow?
I'm not sure what you mean here.

If you mean to undo a part move/del/etc you need to use ctrl+z in the model you did the action no-matter which subfile it affected (through nesting).

If you mean you grouped something after the change, a undo will not affect the grouping it will undo movement/ins/color/etc of the individual parts only.

If you want to change individual parts in a group you need to degroup the group (1.5 will have a better solution though) first.

Hope it's one of these answers you looking for.

Quote:copying over my main.gui file with my changes worked great for this revision bump. I imagine for 1.5 it'll be a different story though huh
The executable holds all the defaults so any field not in the main.gui file will revert to it's default. I don't expect to add/change much for the 1.5 version but I simple file comparing tool should give insight quite easily.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Jason Smith - 2014-11-05

I guess it's the grouping behavior that I'm having an issue with.

In the main model when I click on a part that's part of a sub file the whole sub file and all its parts are selected. To select just one part I need to go into nested mode.

When in the sub file I can just select any part while staying in normal mode, I don't need to go into nested.

But with one sub file I do need to be in nested mode to make changes which I think isn't normal. I'm remembering that I copied the parts from another sub file (mirrored sub assembly) so that's probably why it happened.

I guess my actual question is how do I ungroup them in 1.4 while leaving them in the subgroup? It's not a big deal though, my model is done, I'm just cleaning up the mpd.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2014-11-05

TwoThree little things with user interface (that may well be too personnal to be worth considering!)
- I find field of view too wide for my taste, causing unwanted distortion
- I would expect ESC key to abort current operation (when a part is attached to cursor), select none when a part or group is selected.
- When navigating the part bins, I often miss a "back" button to come back to previous bin.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2014-11-05

Don't seem that personal to me, thanks for suggesting.

The field of view is 75 deg horizontal by default (widescreen), but you can change it in the prefs/editing menu (horizontal FOV). You could calculate the 'correct' value by taking into account your eyes to screen distance and the width of a editing window, or just try some values Smile

Using the esc to cancel a selection seems very handy, I might add that. In the mean time you could also use ctrl+shift+a to deselect all.

You are right there is no key to go a level back up, I'll add use 'backspace' for that in the next version.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2014-11-05

Quote:I guess my actual question is how do I ungroup them in 1.4 while leaving them in the subgroup? It's not a big deal though, my model is done, I'm just cleaning up the mpd.
I think you mean submodel when talking about groups. I think you have a single reference to another model in the problem file. This causes you to have to go into nesting to select loose parts because the model containing the parts is not at top level.

I thik it's something like this:

Code:
model A
  - model B
    - parts
  - model C
    - parts
  - model D
    - model E
      - parts

You can remove the unwanted layer (D) by ether referring to the parts containing model (E) directly from model A. Or by in-lining E into D, folowed by removing E from the file (it not used elsewhere)

In-lining can be done from the new reorganize menu after you selected it in model D.

hope this is somewhat clear, recursion is fun Smile

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Philippe Hurbain - 2014-11-06

Ah - I set fov to the lowest possible (?) value, 45°, and I'm much more happy with this...
New experiments, new questions and wishes...
- I find quite strange that minifigs arms belong to "other minifig parts" and hand to "accessories"... But connectivity between minifig parts work great, making "minifig generator" useless!
- I did not noticed this previously (might be 1.4 new?), but sometimes a part "jumps" to another place when I click on it to select it.
- Is it possible to change screen background color? I think I browsed every options/config entries, but found nothing...
- If possible I suggest the use of DEL key when mouse is over filter field to clear it.

One this I did was to create a rope spool with hook (below)... with its own set of wishes!
- Is it possible to create a template from an existing assembly like this spool?
- It would be interesting to be able to extend something like a string past the end instead of adding points in the middle. Of course it's difficult to integrate with parts that have a different segment on the end...
- I wish I could copy/paste control points... for this highly repetitive structure I ended up editing MPD text - workable but not very elegant Wink

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Jason Smith - 2014-11-06

Philippe Hurbain Wrote:- I did not noticed this previously (might be 1.4 new?), but sometimes a part "jumps" to another place when I click on it to select it.

I have this happen a lot as well. I've noticed it on beta 2 as well as 1.4. You go to click on a part and it jumps away. I always have part snapping enabled if that means anything.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Merlijn Wissink - 2014-11-06

I also have the same. I thought it was because I maybe moved the mouse little bit after selecting, but I'm not sure about that.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Roland Melkert - 2014-11-06

Quote:I maybe moved the mouse little bit after selecting
This is the cause indeed. When snapping is enabled parts jump to their origin to the mouse cursor location when moving them as that location determines where it snaps too next.

When snapping is disabled you don't have the jump as grid movement corrects for the cursor's grab location.

I'll try to improve this in the next version by ether having a similar correction during snapping or by trying to decrease the movement detection sensitivity.

Re: LDCad 1.4 (win+linux) - Jason Smith - 2014-11-06

It may also depend on the resolution of our mice. I'm using a gaming mouse which is quite sensitive.

Maybe a sensitivity control would help more people?