LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: [LDPartEditor] First Alpha Version News (until 2014-09-19)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer:

There are different usecases for this scenario.

1.) As a user I want to select one / or more vertices move it with the mouse in 3D and all lines, cond. lines, triangles, quads (no vertices from type 1) connected will be affected by the move. An isolated vertex should be defined by a "0 !LD_PART_EDITOR VERTEX x y z" meta command within the file source code. The occurence of these meta commands will produce a discreet warning message. (this is already feasible with the current data model)

2.) As a user I want to select one / or more vertices which are linked to one / or more subfiles move it with the mouse in 3D and all lines, cond. lines, triangles, quads and subfile vertices connected will be affected by the move. (edit: this is now feasible with the current data model)

3.) As a user I want to select all vertices which are linked to one / or more subfiles move it with the mouse in 3D and all lines, cond. lines, triangles, quads connected will be affected by the move. (this is already feasible with the current data model)

The second use case is not trivial to implement, but it is possible.
[Image: different_files_3d.png]
Demo video on Youtube

1. Select all vertices, which are inside the selection rectangle.
[Image: vertex_selection_hidden.png]

2. Select all visible vertices, which are inside the selection rectangle.
[Image: vertex_selection_standard.png]
Sample screenshot for anachrome red (left eye) and cyan (right eye) filters
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-FcKa5...arency.png
Dunno if this will proove useful, but it's fun for sure. Next step: Occulus Rift? ;D
LDPartEditor can convert text with a given font and size to a 3D mesh.
[Image: text_2_dat.png]
[Image: vertex_metacommand.png]
Syntax:
0 !LPE VERTEX x y z

As you can see, the vertex definitions from the subfile are also parsed.
Just check this with correct glasses. This looks great Smile

Can you maybe share a model like car.dat in 3D?
ALT+SHIFT+R activates the simultaneously manipulation of the same vertex within the text editor.
[Image: sync_edit.png]
[Image: anaglyph_car.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11