LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Should "Part Alias" files be listed in parts.lst
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Chris Dee Wrote:That's exactly what the !LDRAW_ORG line is supposed to do. The current mklist doesn't read that metadata

Yes but that one describes the official status, and also (seems) to imply the file is LDraw.org managed.

I would like to see a similar meta for general/user level tagging any file, i could probably be solved by introducing an alias for the !LDRAW_ORG meta combined with additional 'type' keywords.
Has it really been over a year since we last discussed this?

Does anyone have a problem with using "=" as the description prefix for alias parts? I think it is a good compromise.
For the record, the version of LDMakeList that will ship with the new AIOI (available here) can remove aliases based on their definition as an alias part without resorting to prefixes (-a option).

It can also strip the '=' sign from the alias parts if you go down that route (-i= option).

Tim
How time flies!
Yes, I'm fine with = prefix for aliases.
Tim Gould Wrote:For the record, the version of LDMakeList that will ship with the new AIOI (available here) can remove aliases based on their definition as an alias part without resorting to prefixes (-a option).

For the record, the new AIOI with the above behavior has already been shipped.

w.
So, the decision has already been made! I missed that.
Chris,

sounds like you didn't read the email I sent you Sun, 21 Jul 2013 12:33:06.

w.
I implemented alias detection using !LDRAW_ORG Part Alias.

That was correct, right?
That's how I detected them.

Tim
Yes, perfect - that's what that line is really there for.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6