LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Parts in LDCad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hi and thanks for replys and help i think i might be a bit thick i did what you said but i get no measurments i really dont understand this part of it and tried reading the link, i am dyslexia so makes life very hard for me i am sorry to be a pain
(2020-08-31, 16:21)Sparky678911 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi and thanks for replys and help i think i might be a bit thick i did what you said but i get no measurments i really dont understand this part of it and tried reading the link, i am dyslexia so makes life very hard for me i am sorry to be a pain
After you display the info menu you have to check"show measurements" to actually display the measurements.
Ok i think i have the size now how do i get it from this page to my main model please
(2020-08-31, 17:19)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]After you display the info menu you have to check"show measurements" to actually display the measurements.

Yep, make sure you have "Show info" set to yes, and then at least one of the following 3 options also set to yes. Something like so:
[attachment=5669]

(It may help to pin down the menu to keep it open while you make these selections—that's the little icon next to the X at upper right.)
(2020-08-31, 20:36)Sparky678911 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok i think i have the size now how do i get it from this page to my main model please

From the Session menu, choose "MPD main session" to go to the main model (or click the toolbar icon that looks like a row of houses). Then from the part bin, choose the Overview bin (the one that says MPD inside it) and go to File Content (again, the one that says MPD inside it). This will show all the submodels you have, including your shock absorber. You can now just drag it in to the main model, or click it and press Insert.
(2020-08-31, 23:49)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]From the Session menu, choose "MPD main session" to go to the main model (or click the toolbar icon that looks like a row of houses). Then from the part bin, choose the Overview bin (the one that says MPD inside it) and go to File Content (again, the one that says MPD inside it). This will show all the submodels you have, including your shock absorber. You can now just drag it in to the main model, or click it and press Insert.

You can also press the END key when done working in a submodel, this will return you to the previous edtied model.

Once there you can use SHIFT+INS to insert the previous (now the shock) session's model into the current model.
(2020-08-31, 23:49)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]From the Session menu, choose "MPD main session" to go to the main model (or click the toolbar icon that looks like a row of houses). Then from the part bin, choose the Overview bin (the one that says MPD inside it) and go to File Content (again, the one that says MPD inside it). This will show all the submodels you have, including your shock absorber. You can now just drag it in to the main model, or click it and press Insert.

Thank you so much for the help i got it now i am sorry to be a pain it hard learning new software and understanding it thank you  Smile
Hi everyone quick question why does some most of the parts snap together and the odd 1 or 2 do not thanks
(2020-09-03, 18:20)Sparky678911 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone quick question why does some most of the parts snap together and the odd 1 or 2 do not thanks

Not all parts have the extra information needed for part snapping.

This because it's not part of the LDraw library itself, it's LDCad specific information that needs to be added separately.

You can request it for specific parts in this thread:
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23807.html
Thank you for replay now where i had sorted the shocks out and saved model last night open it today and they are gone ????
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7