LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: 4025 Fire Boat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

my next model for OMR-contribution: 4025 Fire Boat of 1982. Smile

Best regards
Stefan
(2019-11-20, 19:16)Stefan Frenz Wrote: [ -> ]my next model for OMR-contribution: 4025 Fire Boat of 1982. Smile
Great job!
May I suggest a few improvements?
- You should mention any differences between your model and the real set (here, the missing stickers)
- Hose right doesn't connect properly on bottom. Do you know you can duplicate a flex part model and mirror it? (hose left looks good)
- on the hose I would pull more the handles on the back control point to make the hose smoother.
- No wire spools? (see this discussion: https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23748.html . Granted, they can be a pain to create Wink )
(2019-11-21, 17:33)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Great job!
May I suggest a few improvements?
- You should mention any differences between your model and the real set (here, the missing stickers)
- Hose right doesn't connect properly on bottom. Do you know you can duplicate a flex part model and mirror it? (hose left looks good)
- on the hose I would pull more the handles on the back control point to make the hose smoother.
- No wire spools? (see this discussion: https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23748.html . Granted, they can be a pain to create Wink )
Hi Philippe,

thank you so much for looking at the model and your suggestions. Smile In fact I mirrored the left hose to get the other one, but obviously I did something wrong. I will look at this as soon as possible. The missing spools annoyed me, too - but I could not find the right button (and googled the wrong words - not "wire spool"). I will look at this too. Thanks again! Smile

About the stickers: yes, they are missing. Sad  I looked at the LDR file format and some tools around to portray the original ones, but did not succeed so far (same for my contributed model 6592). Sorry for not mentioning it, I'll add this at my other models where appropriate.

Best regards - Stefan
Thanks again, Philippe - new version has better Hose Left, a fixed Hose Right and a "LQ Rope" (is this the right one here?) for the wire spool. The sticker is still missing...
(2019-11-21, 23:16)Stefan Frenz Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again, Philippe - new version has better Hose Left, a fixed Hose Right and a "LQ Rope" (is this the right one here?) for the wire spool. The sticker is still missing...
Perfect, thanks Wink
(2019-11-21, 17:33)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Great job!

- Hose right doesn't connect properly on bottom. Do you know you can duplicate a flex part model and mirror it? (hose left looks good)
[color=unset]Mirrored parts are awesome and make lego life easier, but they are not OMR compliant.[/color]
(2019-12-24, 12:43)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ][color=unset]Mirrored parts are awesome and make lego life easier, but they are not OMR compliant.[/color]
Thank you for testing and reporting. I thought mirroring the path in LDCad would mirror the coordinates. Therefore the left hose and the right hose are two separate parts that are not mirrored in the partref in mpd. Unfortunately I don't have a Windows machine to get MPDCenter running, so this check isn't available to me.

On LDCad-re-clean-up, it found a header naming error for the generated subparts, so attached is LDCad-OMR-cleaned-up mpd. For the mirrored hose I will look for another approach and upload the updated file as soon as I find the correct way to do it.
(2019-12-24, 14:08)Stefan Frenz Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for testing and reporting. I thought mirroring the path in LDCad would mirror the coordinates. Therefore the left hose and the right hose are two separate parts that are not mirrored in the partref in mpd. Unfortunately I don't have a Windows machine to get MPDCenter running, so this check isn't available to me.

On LDCad-re-clean-up, it found a header naming error for the generated subparts, so attached is LDCad-OMR-cleaned-up mpd. For the mirrored hose I will look for another approach and upload the updated file as soon as I find the correct way to do it.

[color=unset]I do not really understand what do you mean.
Both files, both the one attached and the last one, are OMR compliant.
(Except for the file name: This should be 4025 - Fire Boat).
What else do you want to change?

Here the OMRized file:[/color]
[attachment=4496]

[color=unset]Regards and happy X-mas[/color]
[color=unset]Johann[/color]
(2019-12-24, 14:57)Johann Eisner Wrote: [ -> ][color=unset]I do not really understand what do you mean.
Both files, both the one attached and the last one, are OMR compliant.
(Except for the file name: This should be 4025 - Fire Boat).
[/color]
Oh, then I misunderstood your post: I thought you were hinting that in the model there is a mirrored part and that my file was therefore not OMR compliant.

Regarding filename: I thought appending "-1" is always some kind of "good idea" in case Lego would release (or already has released) another set with the same number...
I think you are not quite on the same tuning channel... Using a submodel mirrored by with a mirroring matrix is bad (studs get mirrored, asymmetric parts such as wedges have wrong part numbers). But LDcad mirroring function does things correctly, including for flex parts.
Pages: 1 2