LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDConfig file with LDD colors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created a new LDConfig file using RGB colors from LDD:

[attachment=4056]

with the following conventions:

* LDraw and BrickLink mostly share naming conventions for their colours.
* Where possible LEGO colour numbers were used.
* The LEGO numbers, names and LDD colours are taken directly from LEGO Digital Designer.
* Colours were compared with Ryan Howerter colour list.
* Rubber colours got their value from the correspondent solid or transparent colour.
* Some transparent colours were altered so that they can be displayed with their LDraw alpha level.
* Edge colours for solid, pearl, metallic colours were calculated the following way:
  If the lightness value L in the HSL colours system was above 20% a Gray with 20% relative
  luminance in the terms of RGB-Gray was used.
  If the lightness value L in the HSL colours system was below 20% a Gray with 50% relative
  luminance in the terms of RGB-Gray was used.
* Edge colours for transparent, chrome, glitter colours were calculated the following way:
  The lightness value L in the HSL colours system was lowered by 20 %. If the lightness value L in
  the HSL colours system was below 20% it was rosen by 20%.

What do you think of it?

Philo kindly compiled a corresponding visual file:

[Image: visualldconfig.png]

The old version for comparison:

[Image: visualldconfig.png]
(2019-09-27, 12:34)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think of it?
I not see on new image part with color "Common Material > 10047" - is it OK?

"Trans Sticker" (10047) color works well in LeoCAD.

[Image: t4xx6ht.png]

And here is comparison of "Trans Sticker" (10047; on the left) and "Trans Clear" (47; on the right) on dark background.

[Image: dThLwKy.png]

(2019-09-27, 12:34)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Philo kindly compiled a corresponding visual file:
Both images (when I try save it) has same name: visualldconfig.png

Should be visualldconfig-old.png and visualldconfig-new.png (or add its update date in names)
(2019-09-27, 23:33)Eugen Wrote: [ -> ]Should be visualldconfig-old.png and visualldconfig-new.png (or add its update date in names)
Actually they are stored in different Brickshelf folders. See the whole picture here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=404380
Personally speaking I'm fine with solid but would revert the trensparten colors back to the old version as those are optimized for alpha-channeling.

w.
Here's an updated version of the LDConfig.ldr with the old transparent colors restored:

[attachment=4106]

Philo kindly provided a visual version of it.

[attachment=4107]

PLMKWYT.

w.
This is the release candidate for the upcoming library update. Azure values have been corrected. Philo cross-checked the file.

[attachment=4304]

[attachment=4310]

w.
(2019-12-03, 20:03)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Philo cross-checked the file.
...but review carefully, I'm not so good at this kind of task Wink
Looks like PT needs an update to accept the new 10k rubber colors... Here is what I got when submitting Spike wheel with 10322 color.
Code:
Processing 49295p01.dat

File name is not used by an existing official file.

Error
11: Invalid color code '10322'. Must be between 0 and 511 or 0x2RRGGBB (hex digits A-F must be in upper case).

Submission of 49295p01.dat skipped due to errors
(2019-12-05, 8:45)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like PT needs an update to accept the new 10k rubber colors... Here is what I got when submitting Spike wheel with 10322 color.
Code:
Processing 49295p01.dat

File name is not used by an existing official file.

Error
11: Invalid color code '10322'. Must be between 0 and 511 or 0x2RRGGBB (hex digits A-F must be in upper case).

Submission of 49295p01.dat skipped due to errors

Did you already ping Chris?

w.
Yes, it works now.