LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: 3D Part Preview added to Parts Tracker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2019-07-21, 7:31)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Wish of the day: a 3d view button for official parts ....

Yesss!
(2019-07-21, 9:58)Gerald Lasser Wrote: [ -> ]Yesss!

This is on the list but I have to figure out how I want to implement.
(2019-07-21, 7:31)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Overall, works great and is damn fast! But for some reason I see nothing for this part https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.c...44567a.dat (b version too)
Wish of the day: a 3d view button for official parts ....
Maybe it's because Orion is working on it, 44567 work fine now. But 40066 and subpart give a blank screen here...
(2019-07-21, 18:30)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it's because Orion is working on it, 44567 work fine now. But 40066 and subpart give a blank screen here...

I haven't done anything since yesterday. There's appear to be a bug in my path prefetch script that I can't troubleshoot on my phone so it'll have to wait until I'm home tonight.
(2019-07-21, 16:00)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]This is on the list but I have to figure out how I want to implement.
👍🏻
(2019-07-21, 18:30)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it's because Orion is working on it, 44567 work fine now. But 40066 and subpart give a blank screen here...

There's an error in this part (actually the subpart 40066s01). It references an invalid file which causes the renderer to fail.
You're right. For some reason I though it was different.
Ability to toggle stud logos on and off is now added.
An update on the BFC color coding issue. There is an optimization in the way buildinginstructions.js generates the triangles shown on screen which stands in the way of proper color coding for BFC when there is a mix of culled and not culled primitives. I am currently writing a new triangle generator which circumvents this issue. However. It is still a work in progress. Hopefully to be finished this week. 

Current status is... a work in progress  Big Grin

[Image: zrErMWm.png]
I have now updated the geometry handling on buildinginstructions.js so that it no longer has the issue with non-culled sub models being merged with ones that are culled (this caused both sub models to not be culled in order to ensure no triangles were lost). 

There is a new Javascript file that should be included when showing BFC: js/LDRBFCGeometries.js

Once included, BFC can be turned on by running:

Code:
// Enable BFC:
      THREE.LDRPartType.prototype.ensureGeometry = function(loader) {
        if(!this.geometry) {
          this.geometry = new LDR.BFCGeometry();
          this.geometry.fromPartType(loader, this);
        }
      }

And rebuilding.

That said. The sample file is still a bit odd to my eye. Does anyone know if it is on purpose that one of the transparent sections has more surfaces, hence the darker hue of the transparent section? This is 44375bps0.dat

[Image: dr0SYDf.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11