LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: 3D Part Preview added to Parts Tracker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2019-07-13, 5:07)Michael Horvath Wrote: [ -> ]If "p" were a sub-directory of "parts" it might help...

That's never going to happen. Aside from breaking every almost every model, pushing such a massive change through the PT would be nothing short of insane.
(2019-07-11, 12:36)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]To follow up on a couple of feature requests from the internal pre-launch thread:
- BFC Colors
- Random quad/tri colors

Both of these features are possible with Lasse's renderer and will be added at some point in the near future.

This is now implemented.

The icons could be better. The choices are from these:
https://fontawesome.com/icons?d=gallery&m=free
or some sending me good quality substitutes.
(2019-07-13, 7:21)Steffen Wrote: [ -> ]The client would access something like
www.ldraw.org/get_list_of_required_files_for?777.dat
, and the server would reply with a JSON

I'll see what I can implement. This may take some time.
(2019-07-13, 4:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]This now seems to be fixed. I'm not sure what solved the problem since I only streamlined the code and didn't make any major changes.

With the recent changes, mobile is broken again. Ugh.
I don't know if that would be feasible, but instead of random coloring per facet, I'd find more useful a coloring per entity (single color for a primitive or subpart)
Maybe a "Paint brush" as Random colour-button, and a green "Leaf"  as BFC-button ?
(2019-07-09, 15:17)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]Based on the above bugs, I’m going to switch to Lasse Deleuran’s renderer

There's one thing that I don't like with this renderer.
The center of rotation seems to fixed to the center of the window, instead of using the center of the part/model. If I move the part/model sideways and then want to rotate it, I have to guess and move it back into the center of the window. If I don't, the part/model will move around in a big circle, in the window. Is it possible to have a "re-center" button?
(2019-07-15, 2:06)Orion Pobursky Wrote: [ -> ]With the recent changes, mobile is broken again. Ugh.

Clarification: only broken on Mobile Safari.
(2019-07-15, 18:20)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if that would be feasible, but instead of random coloring per facet, I'd find more useful a coloring per entity (single color for a primitive or subpart)

I'm sure it's possible but Lasse will need to chime in about how to do it.
(2019-07-15, 18:45)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a "Paint brush" as Random colour-button, and a green "Leaf"  as BFC-button ?

Better than my choices. Done.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11