LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Tiles 1 X 8 from latest Architecture sets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2020-05-26, 16:36)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure I'd worry. :-)

I am, but that's my job as website admin.
(2020-05-24, 17:04)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]The Chinese version remains to be done, is that so?

The glyphs are Simplified Chinese: 长城
The Mac system font is close but not a perfect match; I don't know if the open-source Zen Hei might be closer.
Glad to see Chinese Characters in LDraw Big Grin
the font may be 'Adobe 繁黑體 Std B Bold'
good job.
(2020-05-27, 4:45)Yu Zhang Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to see Chinese Characters in LDraw Big Grin
the font may be 'Adobe 繁黑體 Std B Bold'
good job.

Gosh, I think you're right! This looks like a perfect match to me—note the two key points (circled) that I couldn't find in any other font:
[attachment=5312]

An Adobe font does make sense, as they're likely using Adobe software to design these patterns. Of course I ended up just sampling the bitmap from a part photo, but this is good info in case we need to model more Chinese characters in the future! Smile
(2019-06-24, 7:53)Vincent Messenet Wrote: [ -> ]All are done now. Thanks to all authors!

Many thanks!

Hooray! Should we apply the new "Complete" prefix, or leave it off in anticipation of next year's sets?
(2020-06-01, 0:45)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]Hooray! Should we apply the new "Complete" prefix, or leave it off in anticipation of next year's sets?

Ill mark. We won't have to do one for the White House and, as long as there isn't a non-Roman variant, I'll probably make them as they appear.
Pages: 1 2