LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Technic 1992
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Oldies but goldies...
[Image: 8868.png]
Alternate model of 8868 set.
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: none.
Done with LDCad 1.6 alpha 4

Random notes...
- Max's work on an old model (http://forums.ldraw.org/thread-21839.html) made me want to try an old studded Technic set. What better one than this model - with a pneumatic state machine!
- Old building instructions were definitely not for the faint hearted - only 24 pages for this model! The average quality of the scan doesn't help...
- Pneumatic tubing remains tedious...
- Some angles in the skip are only (close) approximations - I think it actually relies on part flexibility.
(2016-10-17, 13:07)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]- Some angles in the skip are only (close) approximations - I think it actually relies on part flexibility.
I think you talk about the 1x10 brick with the connected 1x2 and 1x6 brick connected with the 1x16 brick?! As far as I can remember from the real world model you are right, it relies on part flexibility.
Anyway - this reminds me, that I need some spare parts, cause time has eaten the plastic softener of some parts...

/Max
(2016-10-17, 13:07)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Alternate model of 8868 set.
Hi Philippe,

thank you for building and contributing this model! I searched for the main model without luck. If it's not done yet, I would appreciate to jump in and try my best (with a bit of fear about all those pneumatic hoses which I installed many times in reality so many years ago).

Best regards
Stefan
(2020-02-05, 6:06)Stefan Frenz Wrote: [ -> ](with a bit of fear about all those pneumatic hoses which I installed many times in reality so many years ago).
The good point of virtual hoses is they don't suffer from ageing problems Big Grin
...step 23 of 32 done... Smile  I just added a single rubber band, and the file size grew from 30 to 200 kb for the generated segments... I know, this is not a "big file", but I would like to ask if there are hints for rubber bands like for hoses (see Philippe's hints for the 8854 Power Crane) - so I would play with them. Smile I can't figure out the correct part-replacement and the options to change... Huh
The templates I use for compatibility with Studio are LQ type and should provide smaller files. Drawback, the band is thinner, making it thicker would require to add a scaled cylinder element in the library (and in Studio custom elements)...
Attached these templates! (To be put in C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\LDCad\templates\path)
This is awesome! Cool The required space for the rubber band is reduced from 170 kb to 14 kb. Big Grin
(2020-02-09, 17:23)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Drawback, the band is thinner, making it thicker would require to add a scaled cylinder element in the library
Also thank you for pointing there. With a scaled 4-4cyli2.dat (done with text editor) as donPart included in the mpd, the rubber has correct thickness and the required file space is very very tiny. Smile
...May I ask: is there a LQ alternative for the 9V cable (path\elecCable2Brick), too?
Pages: 1 2 3