LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 4 (win+linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hi all,

I've released LDCad 1.6 Alpha 4.

As always some new things in this one:

Mirroring
This works out of the box on most parts assuming those parts are symmetrical in the X direction or not symmetrical at all. Parts having a left and right version will also usually work out of the box as the feature uses the 'left' / 'right' phrases in descriptions to locate the counter part. All other parts will need shadow information to tell the feature how to mirror and or what the counter part is. I added this information for the technic panels and some technic pins. I will add more during the beta stage. Any help on this is also appreciated Smile

(MPD/OMR) file cleanup
This is a generic fle clean dialog which lets you handle things like prefixes, removal of unused submodels and part embedding etc

Layered grouping (EXPERIMENTAL)
Quick and dirty implementation of layering. This allows for the different group configurations of overlapping content. You can also use it to temporary disable grouping to work with the loose items without having to ungroup first.

Redirection removal
This will replace ~moved to, alias and coloured parts in the selection with their final destinations.

And many bugfixes and small tweaks.
Like usual.

This will probably be the last Alpha version as only two major things are remaining.

I think this is the most stable Alpha so far, it might even be on par with 1.5 but please realize this is still a test version so it might be (very) unstable use it separate from your normal LDCad installation and make backups of the files you want to edit.

Download it here:

http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/nextVer

As always any and all feedback is welcome.
Got a little problem since I use alpha4: most of the time (but not always!) when starting/opening a model, LDCad complains that "samples.lua" and "tools.lua" files have been changed (and no they weren't!), and proposes to reload them. Log attached. Machine is my old XP laptop, ldcad is placed in program files folder.
(2016-08-18, 11:34)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Got a little problem since I use alpha4: most of the time (but not always!) when starting/opening a model, LDCad complains that "samples.lua" and "tools.lua" files have been changed (and no they weren't!), and proposes to reload them. Log attached. Machine is my old XP laptop, ldcad is placed in program files folder.

Thanks,

I noticed this once before, also on a XP machine, but it seems to be more related to machine speed then the os type though.
Nitpicker report of the day: "select same part" doesn't work in nested mode on unofficial parts embedded with cleanup function...

Otherwise... I sometimes miss a "find" function to locate a part of a known type in a complex model. Could be as "simple" (?) as a text find in the source window. (maybe I already asked for this...)
(2016-08-29, 16:27)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Nitpicker report of the day: "select same part" doesn't work in nested mode on unofficial parts embedded with cleanup function...

Otherwise... I sometimes miss a "find" function to locate a part of a known type in a complex model. Could be as "simple" (?) as a text find in the source window. (maybe I already asked for this...)

Thanks Philo,

a search function for the source window could be very handy indeed, I might add something simple in the 2nd beta if it can be done without danger of breaking other stuff Smile
In the meantime, a workaround:
- add a new instance of the part you are looking for
- select same type (and color), generally using nested mode to access all parts of the model
...and to find the needle in the haystack:
- select invert / hide.

Otherwise, some information on the number of currently selected parts (in status bar?) would be appreciated!
Feature request of the day:

* I'd like to see the category title or whatever LDCad prints out in the headline mirrored to the palette number:

[attachment=2487]

* It looks like there's still no equivalent to the a key in MLCad (or I couldn't find it)

w.
How do I switch to MLCad-like part movement? I.e. press an arrow key to move the part laterally, and home/end to move up or down? Thanks.

[edit]

Also, I want to get rid of the dongle hanging off the selected part. I don't plan on using it.
(2016-09-13, 11:06)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]* I'd like to see the category title or whatever LDCad prints out in the headline mirrored to the palette number:
* It looks like there's still no equivalent to the a key in MLCad (or I couldn't find it)
I don't know about the labels, it seems a bit 'big' to me... I'll think about it.

the a key: 'rotate around y axis' should be possible in 1.6 by changing the 3 editing pin hotkey configurations, but you are right, I forgot to add abs rotation actions to those key groups. I'll add it for Beta 1.
(2016-09-13, 23:50)Michael Horvath Wrote: [ -> ]How do I switch to MLCad-like part movement? I.e. press an arrow key to move the part laterally, and home/end to move up or down? Thanks.

Also, I want to get rid of the dongle hanging off the selected part. I don't plan on using it.

This will be fully possible 1.6 Beta 1, see my replay to Willy above.

As for the 'dongle' if you mean the editing pin you can hide that anytime using 'p'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10