LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 4 (win+linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2016-11-20, 7:26)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: [ -> ]So it becomes something like this (removed the subModel- part for this example:
1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 2, 20, 21, 23.......... I think you get the point.
I'll look into adjusting the quicksort code, might introduce a new sorting option for it if it is much slower as you probably wont need that for part lists.
I think I found a bug or something like that in LDcad 1.5 and LDcad 1.6 alpha 4.

It's actually a 2-part bug. Part 1:
If I open a model, and then move the 3d view to the top and then press V, it's shows a 2d projection of the top. When I press V again to go the 3D view and then move the 3d view to the bottom, then press V again, it doesn't show a 2d projection of the bottom, but still the top. This also works the other way around (first bottom then top). After you did this, it's also possible to 'lock' on front/back or left/right. Just do the same as before, just with the other sides. But you must use the top/bottom  first, otherwise the other sides work 

Part 2:
When you did the above thing (so you either locked the 2d projection on the top or bottom). And then start hitting V a bunch of times switching between a 2d view of the top or the bottom (doesn't matter which one at this point, you can also mix between them, in the end you'll see only on those anyway due to part 1), LDCad will crash (with an accompanying Windows crash message).

Hope that makes sense  Rolleyes
(2016-11-22, 19:49)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: [ -> ]I think I found a bug or something like that in LDcad 1.5 and LDcad 1.6 alpha 4.

Part 1 is actually the way it should behave I think (it's been a long time since I setup the base viewing system Smile  )

The reason it first picks top or bottom is because it initializes the 2d state based on the 3d view when first switched. After that it remembers the last 2d state for that plane.

You could also use shift+v if you want to enter a 2D view as closely possible to the current 3d view.

Part 2 definitely is a bug though, but  it doesn't crash for me. Are you keeping down the v key so it continuously switches 2d/3d ?

Edit: or are you on Linux?
(2016-11-22, 20:37)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-22, 19:49)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: [ -> ]I think I found a bug or something like that in LDcad 1.5 and LDcad 1.6 alpha 4.

Part 1 is actually the way it should behave I think (it's been a long time since I setup the base viewing system Smile  )

The reason it first picks top or bottom is because it initializes the 2d state based on the 3d view when first switched. After that it remembers the last 2d state for that plane.

You could also use shift+v if you want to enter a 2D view as closely possible to the current 3d view.

Part 2 definitely is a bug though, but  it doesn't crash for me. Are you keeping down the v key so it continuously switches 2d/3d ?

Edit: or are you on Linux?

Hmm, I see. I didn't knew about shift+v, but now I've seen that one in action, it does sound a lot more logical. Still, it feels weird when I'm looking at the bottom in 3d view, press v and suddenly I'm at the top (same for other sides).

Regarding the crash: no, I was not keeping V pressed. Just pressing it a bunch of times makes it crash (not even ridiculous fast, just pressing a bit). I have no idea what the requirements are for making it crash, but I tested it in 2 different models and was able to reproduce it every time in those 2 models. I tried it in a new file with 1 single part and I couldn't make it crash, but that doesn't mean it wasn't going to crash at some point, maybe I just hadn't pressed V enough times. That's difficult to say, I have so little information about it  Confused 

And, I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

EDIT: maybe I should count the times I press V before it crashes to see if it is a constant (per model).
EDIT2: nope, couldn't find any constant value Sad
Hi Roland, I recently tried to create a PBG file to build a set and expected the single parts count to decrease as soon as I used them, and to disappear from the list once I used all of them (and to reappear if one part got deleted from the model), but the counters remained the same for the entire process.
I remember that it has been discussed in the past (i.e. here: http://forums.ldraw.org/thread-15309-pos...l#pid15678), but I don't know if this feature has been discarded or if I'm missing some settings.

If it has not yet been implemented, I vote for this to be added in the next releases (since now there are at least a couple of tools to create part bins for LDCad).
Thank you in advance
(2016-12-01, 10:52)TestOne Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Roland, I recently tried to create a PBG file to build a set and expected the single parts count to decrease as soon as I used them, and to disappear from the list once I used all of them (and to reappear if one part got deleted from the model), but the counters remained the same for the entire process.
I remember that it has been discussed in the past (i.e. here: http://forums.ldraw.org/thread-15309-pos...l#pid15678), but I don't know if this feature has been discarded or if I'm missing some settings.

If it has not yet been implemented, I vote for this to be added in the next releases (since now there are at least a couple of tools to create part bins for LDCad).
Thank you in advance

The part counts are indeed still static, I was planning to do more with it but other features got in the way. But it is still on the long term todo list Smile
Ok, I'll wait for it to come, you have already added many awaited features in v1.6 Wink
Thank you very much
Please let me ask for 2 additional features, so far these are not already implemented:

Mirroring: By using the mirroring function un-mirrored parts "vanish", respectively get replaced by the mirrored parts. May it be possible to directly add the mirrored parts to the initial parts? Or even better: To let the user decide about "single-sided mirroring" and "double-sided mirroring".

Stepping: May it be possible to implement a feature like "hide or show selected steps"? So that it will quickly be possible to selectively show for example step 2, 5 and 9 and hide all others.
(2016-12-11, 21:13)Roland Dahl Wrote: [ -> ]Please let me ask for 2 additional features, so far these are not already implemented:

Mirroring: By using the mirroring function un-mirrored parts "vanish", respectively get replaced by the mirrored parts. May it be possible to directly add the mirrored parts to the initial parts? Or even better: To let the user decide about "single-sided mirroring" and "double-sided mirroring".

Stepping: May it be possible to implement a feature like "hide or show selected steps"? So that it will quickly be possible to selectively show for example step 2, 5 and 9 and hide all others.

I could make it an option to do a duplicate before the selection mirroring itself, but that's probably only useful when a custom selection center is set  otherwise most parts will overlap with their mirrored version. I never thought this would be a real issue though as you can also press ctrl+d or ins before using the mirroring 'x' hot key.

Currently the stepping visuals are implemented in a 'render up to' kinda way, I might redesign that for 2.0 though as it's currently a bit messy combined with buffer exchange anyway. You can however use the 'select menu' to select all in a certain step en then do a normal hide.
(2016-12-11, 21:54)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]...  only useful when a custom selection center is set  otherwise most parts will overlap with their mirrored version. I never thought this would be a real issue though as you can also press ctrl+d or ins before using the mirroring 'x' hot key.

Yes, by setting a custom selection center all mirrored parts would directly be placed at the right position. Repositioning of the mirrored parts would be obsolete. But you're right, it's not a big issue, it's just nice to have.

(2016-12-11, 21:54)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]You can however use the 'select menu' to select all in a certain step en then do a normal hide.

Ah, thanks, I missed this option so far. Just made a quick  check: It's easy to select different steps via select/current step. That works!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10