LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDCad 1.6 Alpha 4 (win+linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2016-10-27, 17:58)Michael Horvath Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-27, 17:02)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]You can however use the normal 25fps combined with the OpenGL export for smooth animation.

I don't understand. What is this?

You can export any animation as a sequence of PNG files, when doing so it doesn't matter how slow the realtime renderings are to get e.g. a 25fps avi using a tool like avidemux.
(2016-10-27, 18:19)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-27, 17:58)Michael Horvath Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand. What is this?

You can export any animation as a sequence of PNG files, when doing so it doesn't matter how slow the realtime renderings are to get e.g. a 25fps avi using a tool like avidemux.

Okay, cool.
Hey, I found a small annoyance in LDcad.
I got a new mouse a few days ago, the Logitech MX master. It has a scroll-wheel that has 2 modes, a clicking mode (like a normal scroll-wheel) and a free mode in which you can give it a push and it keeps turning for a while (it has no resistance). It's really nice and even after just a few days I love that feature.

However, LDCad doesn't play too nice with it. Well, it works, but not optimally. When I'm in the source-editor and give the scroll-wheel a good push, it scrolls super slow. Well, not slower than with a 'normal' mouse, but also not faster. It just goes up or down line by line, while I expected the lines to swoosh by. For comparison: when I give the mouse-wheel a hard swing in e.g. Excel, I'm at row 10000+ in mere seconds. The part bin has the same problem, although it works better, it scrolls a little faster than the source window.

I hope I explained it well, I know it may sound a little vague. I can make a little video of it if you'd like.
Another thing, I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but mirroring doesn't work very well with corner pieces like 2420.dat, 14719.dat, 2357.dat and 2639.dat.

EDIT: parts 30383.dat and 63868.dat also mirror incorrectly.
EDIT2: 30503.dat and 10247.dat also don't mirror correctly.
(2016-11-12, 9:06)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing, I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but mirroring doesn't work very well with corner pieces like 2420.dat, 14719.dat, 2357.dat and 2639.dat.

EDIT: parts 30383.dat and 63868.dat also mirror incorrectly.
EDIT2: 30503.dat and 10247.dat also don't mirror correctly.

Some parts need shadow info for correct mirroring, I've added that for only a few parts. I'm planning to add more once 1.6 Beta is released.

For example 2420 needs:

Code:
0 !LDCAD MIRROR_INFO [counterPart=self] [oriCor=0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0]
(2016-11-12, 9:01)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I found a small annoyance in LDcad.
I got a new mouse a few days ago, the Logitech MX master. It has a scroll-wheel that has 2 modes, a clicking mode (like a normal scroll-wheel) and a free mode in which you can give it a push and it keeps turning for a while (it has no resistance). It's really nice and even after just a few days I love that feature.

However, LDCad doesn't play too nice with it. Well, it works, but not optimally. When I'm in the source-editor and give the scroll-wheel a good push, it scrolls super slow. Well, not slower than with a 'normal' mouse, but also not faster. It just goes up or down line by line, while I expected the lines to swoosh by. For comparison: when I give the mouse-wheel a hard swing in e.g. Excel, I'm at row 10000+ in mere seconds. The part bin has the same problem, although it works better, it scrolls a little faster than the source window.

I hope I explained it well, I know it may sound a little vague. I can make a little video of it if you'd like.

I only 'sample' the direction of the mousewheel, not its speed so it should behave the same as with any other mouse I think.

I'll look into it some more and might be able to do something with the speed of the wheel in beta 2.
In the case of editing large models having a lot of submodels, and provided that the part bin "all models currently being edited" is active my computer slows downs pretty much. For example: the model doesn't rotate quick and soft any longer but rotation is rather very slow and stuttering.

The reason may be that my pc is not a very powerful one. Not sure, but I assume that my pc is struggling with the high quality thumbnails. However, I wonder if it is somehow possible to accelerate performance?

Thanks for advice!

roland
Another little thing about submodels in the part bin: the sorting is (in my opinion) not optimal. Especially when using the default naming scheme of subModel-x. It doesn't sort based on the actual value of the number, but just on the character. So it becomes something like this (removed the subModel- part for this example:
1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 2, 20, 21, 23.......... I think you get the point.

Can you do something about this or is this just a matter of 'just live with it'  Wink
(2016-11-20, 7:26)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: [ -> ]So it becomes something like this (removed the subModel- part for this example:
1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 2, 20, 21, 23.......... I think you get the point.
Yes, I have been mildly annoyed by this one too, mainly for pneumatic tubing. An easy fix for them would be that proposed default naming be pneumaticHoseLQ-01.ldr instead of pneumaticHoseLQ-1.ldr - assuming that there is no more than 99 submodels...
(2016-11-20, 2:14)Roland Dahl Wrote: [ -> ]In the case of editing large models having a lot of submodels, and provided that the part bin "all models currently being edited" is active my computer slows downs pretty much. For example: the model doesn't rotate quick and soft any longer but rotation is rather very slow and stuttering.
Those thumbnails can indeed slow things down especially during loading. But during normal editing they shouldn't matter that much unless you are editing thousands of parts.

If you working on a single mpd you can select the 'file content' group instead the 'all models' one. That should limit the number of cells if you have multiple model files open.

You should also check if 'FBO' is selected in the 'prefs/OpenGL/frame render method' option. If that is set to normal things could be much slower all the time as it will redraw all bin cells for each and every screen update (even hottracking changes etc).

If FBO won't enable (very old OpenGL driver/hardware) then you might want to disable hottracking in the same menu.

Improvements for the slowdown during loading are planned for Beta 2.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10